Great Date Ideas Under 15 Bucks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Being on a budget doesn’t have to limit what you can do on a date. I don’t know about you, but for me even the simplest or least expensive dates can be the best. For example, catching the sunset, going for a hike, or having a movie night at home can be a great way to spend time with your significant other. Here are 7 date ideas under $15 each.

1. Picnic at Lakeside Park

Pack a picnic basket and head for this park featuring adorable teddy bear statues and serene views.

2. Dallas Arboretum

General admission tickets are $15, but on Wednesdays it’s Buy one, get one free. The beautiful blooms are sure to inspire some romance.

3. Steel City Pops

With the weather heating up, Steel City Pops is soon to be your new favorite spot. Stroll along Greenville with your significant other and people watch.

4. NYLO Southside

The SODA Bar has one of my favorite views in Dallas. The best part is that the view is completely free! Go during happy hour for delicious hors-d’oeuvre and stay for the sunset.

4. Veritas Wine Room

Free wine tasting? Sign this girl up! Veritas Wine Room on Henderson offers a few free tastings each week. Visit their website for more details.

5. The Wild Detectives

For the book worms. This charming coffee shop and book store is a wonderful place to study, spend time with friends, or enjoy a lazy Sunday with a significant other.

6. Galaxy Drive In Theater

Although it is a bit of a drive, the drive in theater is an inexpensive way to see a double feature. Buy some popcorn at the concession stand or pack your own homemade treats to save money.

We are the SMU Team.