This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Let’s face it- this is Texas, and we all know how much Texans love their cowboy boots. Here at SMU with our classy Boulevards, our tailgating almost exclusively requires a sundress and some super cute boots. If you’re like me and aren’t from the Lone Star State, you probably don’t understand all of the hoopla around these boots, but now that you’re here YOU WANT SOME. Now that you are a broke college student, you need to make a solid choice. Here are some places to get some cute boots without breaking the bank.

The Boot Barn- $$-$$$

Roper Women’s Western Boots, $69.99, Boot Barn

This store has some very classy boots. While they may be a bit pricier, you can get a good pair in the $50 to $100 range. They have a website and a store in Euless. Standard shipping is four to five days, so if you order after the Boulevard you can have them for the next one!

Cavender’s Boot City- $$-$$$

Old West Jama Girls Classic Tan Mad Dog Snip Toe Western Boots, $59.99, Cavender’s

Cavender’s has a lot of really well made boots, and luckily the price isn’t that high. You can get anything from classic brown boots to colored embroidery, so GO NUTS! Here’s their sale section.

DSW- $$-$$$

Madden Girl Sanguine Cowboy Boot, $59.95, DSW

Designer Shoe Warehouse is a haven for all y’all shoe lovers. They have a section here purely for western boots. This is where you head when you want designer style without having to call your mom and ask her to please put more cash on your debit card.

Macy’s-$$

Rampage Valiant Cowboy Boots, Sale $34.99 ends 9/27, Macys

Macy’s is the greatest, and also Macy’s has some really fabulous sales. Here is there boots section on the website. You can try them in store too so that you can make sure that they really fit. Maybe at the same time find some Boulevard ready outfits in the clothes section…

Target- $$

Girl’s Cherokee® Glinda Cowboy Boots, $34.99, Target

I know Target is my one true love, and it’s probably yours too. While these are not the cowboy boots that will last you for twenty years, they are cute and will work for pulling them out once a week for Boulevards. Shop Target boots here.

So whip out your debit cards, collegiettes, and get shopping! The right boots are out there if you’re just willing to look. There is no need to put yourself into the red for your style- we have everything you need right here. You know you want to be cute and southern, and now that you live in Texas you have to jump on the cowboy boots train! 

Feature Image: Courtesy of Flickr

Moriah is a Senior at Southern Methodist University majoring in English and Psychology. She is currently the Campus Correspondent of the HCSMU chapter, and has held the positions of Senior Editor, Profile Editor and Associate Editor. She is also a member of the Alpha Xi chapter of Gamma Phi Beta. She loves coffee and satire, and she is not a morning person.
We are the SMU Team.