Christmas Present Ideas for Boys

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

The older you get, the harder it is to figure out what you want for Christmas. It might just be me, but I am starting to become more excited about actually doing things and making memories than getting material presents. If you’re struggling with what to get your dad, brother, boyfriend, or best guy friend, look no further! These ideas are guaranteed fun things for you two to do together that will mean a lot because they are outside the box!

1. Sports Game

Most boys have a favorite team that they always cheer for. Any kind of sports game is really fun to go together, and even if it’s not your favorite thing to do, it will mean a lot to the guy. Don’t worry if the team he likes is from out of town, chances are they will play your local team, just check the schedule! He will love that you’re showing interest in something he cares about. Take him to a Dallas Stars, Dallas Cowboys, or Dallas Mavericks game! We’re lucky to have so many professional teams in our city.

2.Concert

Dallas has lots of great venues for boys who love music. My favorite is definitely Gexa Energy Pavilion, which is completely outdoors and really laid back. Even better, the tickets are not super expensive, and lots of great singers and bands perform regularly! Concerts are fun and different ways to spend a little one-on-one time. Check out this website for some upcoming concerts in Dallas: http://www.concertsdallas.com. Imagine Dragons are coming in February!

3. Outdoor Adventure Activity

Doing something outside is ideal for the guys who like adventure. Take a trip down to Austin or San Antonio and do the river walk or consider something outside the box like skydiving or a hot air balloon ride. Something outside the norm will definitely appeal to the risk-taking, bold guy.

SMU Class of 2015 Temerlin School of AdvertisingAdvertising Major Graphic Design Minor