This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

1. Best Wax:    

Waxing the City
6131 Luther Lane
Dallas, Texas 75225
Book your appointment online at www.waxingthecity.com!

The name says it all, why go anywhere else?!  Waxing the City is an exclusive, high quality, waxing studio offering numerous services for both men and women.  The technicians are professional, accommodating, and passionate about what they do. They appreciate your business and have a no tipping policy!  Less than a 10-minute drive away from SMU’s campus to get the quality you deserve at the price you can afford. Bonus, right across the street from Sprinkles Cupcakes, yum!

[pagebreak]

2. Best Hair:    

Dry Bar
4222 Oak Lawn Avenue
Dallas, TX 75219
(214) 989-6136

“No cuts. No Color. Just blowouts.” Dry Bar is a trendy, affordable, chic hair salon providing the best blowouts and hairstyles for Dallas.  Be welcomed with a glass of champagne or blueberry infused water.  Indulge in a yummy snack as you sit back, relax, and let the professionals transform your hair to runway ready! Whatever style you are looking for, they got it! The menu includes the Mai Tai style, Manhattan style, Southern Comfort style and more! A combo between the Cosmopolitan and Mai Tai is my personal fav! The best part, only $35!

[pagebreak]

3. Best Nails:    

Hawaiian Nail Bar 
Dallas Park Cities Plaza
3024 Mockingbird Lane
Dallas, TX 75206
(214) 363 – 6888

Need to escape but can’t quite hop in a plane to a beachy island for the day? The best is just right around the corner! Hawaiian Nail Bar is located on the SMU campus, a few stores down from the bookstore.  Set the island mood with complimentary margaritas and piña coladas while you search for the perfect polish color! Treat your feet to an array of organic scented scrubs such as chocolate, green tea, mango, and many more to exfoliate and rejuvenate.  Plus they offer the hottest hit of the year, Shellac, guaranteed to last! Bring your SMU ID and get 15% off!  Creative, convenient, and consistent, why go anywhere else?

[pagebreak]

4. Best Tan:    

Palm Beach Tan
5800-B Greenville Avenue
Dallas, TX 75206
See what they can do for you at www.palmbeachtan.com!

Where else better to tan than with the Dallas Star’s Ice Girls, Maverick’s cheerleaders, and Cowboy’s cheerleaders! SMU student and Ice Girl, Kathrina Marino, recommends Palm Beach Tan for any occasion!  The results? A flawless, bronzed body without the orange!  Palm Beach Tan also has a full range of tanning beds to gradually give you the sun-kissed look we all desire.  Make sure to check out their student discounts! Palm Beach Tan has numerous locations around the area including Greenville, Mockingbird, and Lovers Lane.

[pagebreak] 

5. Best Spa:    

Spa Habitat
3699 McKinney Avenue
Dallas, TX 75204
www.spahabitat.com

Venture to Uptown’s West Village Shopping center and indulge in a revitalizing facial or serene massage.  With there awesome package deals, why not both! The peaceful ambiance will immediately suppress your worries and allow you to fully enjoy your experience.  Spa Habitat uses only the crème de la crème organic products to keep your skin pure.  The staff is dedicated, caring, and informative.  Spa Habitat is the perfect place to beat the mid-semester slump and make some relaxation time for you.

Caroline Wright, a double major in Business Marketing and Communication Studies at Southern Methodist University, is thrilled to be part of the Her Campus Team. Although a St. Louis native, she has enjoyed becoming a true Texan in spirit over the past two years! She has been employed by a variety of companies including Kate Spade New York, NBC Universal Pictures, Brynn Bagot Public Relations, Rent the Runway, and Nordstrom. Caroline is currently Social Chair for her sorority Kappa Alpha Theta as well as serves on the Board of SMU's Student Foundation.