Style > Beauty

Back-to-school beauty from the Her Campus Survival Kit

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Free stuff is great. But free beauty products? Even better. This week all of the writers here at Her Campus SMU recieved a bag full of goodies from the Her Campus HQ! Check out some of our personal favorites!

The first item I pulled out of this Mary Poppins bag of beauty was the NYC City Proof 24hr Waterproof Creme Eye Shadow stick in the shade Madison Square Park. Now, this color is a little outside my comfort zone, but I found some very wearable ways to sport this beautiful emerald green shadow.

Courtesy of Allison Aprahamian

For the look above, I messily lined my lower lashline with the liner and blended it with an eyeshadow brush to diffuse the look and to make it more daytime appropriate. This green liner look would suit anyone with brown eyes. I paired this longlasting eyeshadow with a blue liner and loads of mascara.

The second look I came up with is perfect for a nightout, and it’s a bit more involved, but defintley worth it!

Courtesy of Allison Aprahamian

Above, I am just drawing the NYC eyeshadow all over my eye to createa a base that will keep my eyeshadow looking flawless for a whole 24 hours. The bright color will also allow the colors I apply next to pop.

Courtesy of Allison Aprahamian

Here I’m patting on a little bit of a darker emerald green shade. 

Courtesy of Allison Aprahamian

Then to finish this going-out look off, I lightly blended a little bit of a matte black into my crease and outer “V” and blended out the edges. 

Both of these looks shows above look 2 minutes tops, showing just how versatile this eyeshadow stick is!

The next item we pulled out of our bags was the Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick for extra moisture. It’s basically bigger version of your normal tube of chapstick, and it’s infused with shea butter! My lips tend to get really dried out, especially this time of year with the seasons changing, and this chapstick gave me instant visual results and leaves a really nice glossy look on the lips.

Courtesy of Amazon

Last, but certainly not least, we pulled out two TRESemmé sea salt hair products: the sea salt foam, and the spray. I have naturally wavy hair, and I love anything that will really amp up the volume and texture of my waves. I put the sea salt foam in just after a shower, and then just before my hair completely dried, I put in the sea salt spray. These produtcs gave me the most natural, beachy waves I’ve ever had. The TRESemmé sea salt spray is defintley comprable to the Bumble and Bumble sea salt spray, but way cheaper!

Courtesy of TRESemmé

Courtesy of TRESemmé

Overall, this Survival Kit was a major win, and very soon you can enter to win one of your very own (including these products and more) over on the Her Campus SMU Instagram!

Hi! I'm the beauty crazed one here at Her Campus SMU. But I also love food, coffee, shopping, traveling, laughing, and of course, writing. You can also find me rambling on about cosmetics and my dogs on my Youtube channel!
We are the SMU Team.