toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

6 Scariest Things to Do in Dallas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMU chapter.

Is watching American Horror Story and The Walking Dead just not cutting it anymore? If you want a night filled with screams, horror, and fun, you don’t need to look any farther than the DFW area. Whether you want to be chased by a killer clown or shoot at some zombies, Dallas has the perfect night in store for you.

Courtesy of Cutting Edge

Cutting Edge: The World’s Largest Haunted Attraction, Cutting Edge is the number one haunted house in all of Dallas. The actors are horrifying, the rooms are decked out, and for the entire, long trek through the attraction, your heart will be trying to beat through your chest. More info here.

Trapped in a Room With A Zombie: Imagine this: you’re locked in a room with ten other strangers. The only way out is to solve an elaborate puzzle. You only have one hour. And, oh yeah, there’s a zombie that gets closer and closer to you every five minutes. The clock is ticking, the pressure is mounting, and you’ll be having fun without even realizing it. More info here.

Strangling Brothers Haunted Circus: Personally, two things really creep me out- deranged doctors and creepy clowns. Well, this place has both. Together. Enter the freak show, but be careful, the slogan here is “You can go, but you can never leave.” More info here.

Zombie Safari: Are you wanting a more hands-on approach to your horror? Then try the Zombie Safari in Forney, Texas. You’ll be armed with a special paintball gun and driven through the area in an SUV at night with only one simple mission: shoot all the zombies! More info here.

Courtesy of Scare Zone

Frightfest at Six Flags: By day, Six Flags in October has activities for kids and cutesy Halloween gimmicks. But by night, the zombies come out and the haunted houses open up. Demented asylums and crazed freak shows abound, and if you get bored, there’s always the rollercoasters to raise your adrenaline! More info here.

Reindeer Manor: While Reindeer Manor also features a great haunted house, the real scares come from the location’s gruesome history. A fire, a possible murder, séances, and a suicide pact have all been linked to the manor’s location. So while the actors might be creepy, the cold feeling like you’re being watched is sure to keep you up at night. More info here.

Feature image: Courtesy of TV Guide

Sydney Fellner is a junior at Southern Methodist University studying art history and arts management, aiming for a career in event planning. A Dallas native, Sydney loves green tea, glitter, and napping. Her most notable accomplishment is watching a video of pugs acting out Beauty and the Beast fifty times in a row. She cried at least half of those times. Instagram: @sydneyfellner
We are the SMU Team.