Paige Goudreau: Sweetheart of Saint Mike’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Every student at Saint Mike’s has seen Paige Goudreau around campus whether it’s walking to class, in Alliot, or participating in clubs/activities. And I would bet that when you saw her she was either smiling or laughing, or showing some other visible sign of being so beautifully happy. That’s just who she is! Paige is the kindest, happiest, and most uplifting person I have ever met. Whenever you say hello to her, it’s clear that she’s genuinely happy to see you. She is everything that Saint Mike’s professes to be in a single person, and that’s why this profile dubs her as the sweetheart of our lovely little campus.

Name: Paige Goudreau

HC: What year are you graduating?

PG: 2018

HC: Where are you from?

PG:Huntington, VT

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

PG: I am a Tour Guide in Founder’s, an Orientation Leader, I was involved on this previous summer’s POW, and I also participate in Random Acts of Kindness!

HC: What’s your major and why?

PG: I’m a business major. I didn’t really know what I wanted to do when I came to college and I thought that with a business major I could go a lot of different places. I also love the human relations aspect of it, I’ve always wanted to do something focused on interacting with people.

HC: What is your favorite local place to eat?

PG: The Windjammer, I don’t know if you’ve heard of it? It has a really good salad bar. Their cheese ravioli is so good too!

HC: What is one mantra or quote you have?

PG: I’d honestly have to go with “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take” by Wayne Gretzky. It was the biggest take away from high school and my transition into college as well. Gotta love Wayne Gretzky!

HC: Name your top three favorite things about Saint Mike’s:

PG: Community, the biggest cliche I know, but so true. I love how friendly everyone is, how accepting they are of who you are. Everyone is always so encouraging and positive, I’ve never been so encouraged by people. The kind of love and appreciation, the sense of belonging, is something I’ve never experienced before. People genuinely care about you and your wellbeing, they care about you being happy. (She’s saying this minutes after two guys saw her holding a bunch of things and raced to open the door for her)

HC: What is one piece of advice for college women:

PG: I have to take the line “Empowered women empower women.” Be able to be kind to women, lift people up, and let go of judgments. It’s so easy to fall into it, it’s human nature to judge people, but recognize that everyone comes from different places and everyone has their own story to tell. Be kind.

HC: Favorite Professor

PG: Definitely Professor Byrne (Religious Studies Professor), because he’s really passionate about what he does. Then also, if I could add Professor McDuffie, (psychology professor). She is so interesting and brought a lot of real world examples to our class. She made it so that everything hit home and everything was interesting.

HC: Favorite season?

PG: Oh, definitely fall. I absolutely love the weather, it’s the perfect in-between.

HC: Favorite Memory of Saint Mike’s?

PG: Oh man, can I have a few moments to think about this?

HC: Take your time!

PG: Okay, I’d have to choose right from the beginning: orientation weekend freshmen year. I was having trouble picking between being a part of orientation my first year or being a part as an orientation leader, but I’d say the first one. I have never felt that level of love and confidence, especially considering it was from a group of strangers as we headed into our first year of college. I couldn’t even pick a specific moment, it was all of orientation in general!

HC: Awesome, Paige, thanks so much!

CC for HC SMCVT. Massachusetts girl, who somehow ended up in Northern Vermont. Senior at Saint Michel's College studying Media, Journalism & Digital Arts. Interests include: running, Bridesmaids, bagels, the color navy and guacamole. Firm believer that you can never be overdressed or overeducated.