Monica McClure ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

1.) T: “How did you end up choosing Saint Mike’s?”

M: “My grandma showed me the school when I was up here for vacation the summer before my senior year. I love skiing, I have some family relatively close by if there was ever an emergency, and the environment really fit my personality. Burlington is definitely a plus as well!”

2.) T: “What do you miss about Illinois? How do you adjust to being so far away from home?”

M: “I miss having a car and getting places easily. I MISS TARGET MORE THAN  ANYTHING! Burlington and my hometown are pretty similar but I do miss my house. For the most part, adjusting was easy, I think it just comes along with moving to a new place; it would’ve happened anywhere for me, no matter where I went. I just try to ask questions and make friends that can help me along the way!”

3.) T: “What is your major and what do you want to do in the future?”

M: “I am declaring an American Studies major in the near future! As far as my future, I am going to have a degree and that will put me one step ahead of many other people. I have no idea what I want to do as a career, but I am hoping to have a summer internship with a non- profit organization and maybe that will jumpstart some ideas. Maybe I could find a career in that – who knows?!”

4.) T: “You’re very involved on campus, where do you get all the energy to be so active with so many groups?”

M: “If I didn’t do any activities, I would go crazy from just doing homework. My energy comes from sleeping between seven and nine hours a night, every night! I don’t drink energy drinks     and I don’t need anything to get me excited about things, I just always have a smile and that   makes me happy and motivated to do things. I make so many friends from doing activities and        one of my favorites is working at the blood drive! The next one is January 29th!”

5.) T: “What do you do for fun on the weekends?”

M: “I take a break from homework which is ALWAYS fun, I look for socials to go to – even in the freshman buildings, I longboard on the tennis courts with Geoff, take bus rides to north    campus and back to main – just for fun, and I occasionally head into Burlington. I play rugby and smash my opponents to the ground! I’m a rebel and stay up past my bedtime ;). My weekends are relaxing for the most part, but I like them that way.”

6.) T: “I heard you’ve given up sweets! How is that going?”

M: “It is going great and I’m feeling great too! I gave them up for Lent this year and I decided to continue even though Lent is over! I have sweets once a week and it actually makes them taste better and sweeter because I’m not having them as often. Since I’ve been cutting them out, I don’t even eat as many on the one day a week.”

T: “Any last words for our readers and your fans?”

M: “Come to the International Coffee Hours and meet new people and eat some wonderful          food! And definitely stop by the blood drive to donate or just help out! Keep SMCing (having           that positive SMC spirit and attitude)!”

Lauren Mazzoleni is a junior at Saint Michael's College where she majors in Digital Arts, Media Studies, and Journalism and minors in Psychology. Lauren and Alexandra Brenock are the two campus correspondents for Saint Michael's HC Branch. At Saint Michael's, she is a student blogger, a tour guide, and a disc jockey at WWPV 88.7 FM. Many of her friends would say that when she is not busy attending her classes or working on HC articles, you could find her watching many of the shows she always DVRs (Glee, Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, etc), shopping on Church Street in downtown Burlington, and hanging out with her friends from Saint Michael's and from her hometown in NH.