Jake Sutton: President Of The Class Of 2019

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Jake Sutton is widely known around campus as the friendly face that represents the sophomore class at SMC. For those of you that don’t know Jake, he can be described as a funny, outgoing leader. Her Campus was lucky enough to meet with the class president himself.

Hometown: Tyngsborough, MA

Major: Business Administration

Year: 2019

HC: Why did you choose Saint Michael’s?

JS: The campus, itself, is beautiful so that caught my attention. And there was this feeling and I knew I belonged here, the second I walked on campus I just knew I was supposed to go here.

HC: What is your favorite thing about SMC?

JS: The people. Everyone here is super nice and always smiling and holding the door for you.

HC: Why did you run for class president this year?

JS: I like to be involved and I have always liked leading. Being president is the perfect liaison between the study body and the student association and I know enough people to have the voices be heard.

HC: Who were your biggest inspirations?

JS: My parents, because both of them are really hard working and they have never had anything handed to them so it makes me motivated to work hard and follow in their footsteps not to mention they are really generous people which has motivated me to give back.

HC: What is your favorite SMC spot?

JS: The courtyard between the academic buildings because it is just so beautiful there. Sometimes I sit there and do work.

HC: What is your dream job?

JS: To be a manager in the hotel industry and travel the world.

HC: What is your advice to underclassmen and the class of 2020?

JS: Put yourself out there when you first get here. The worst thing that would happen is you figure out certain people aren’t meant to be your friends. You never know who you can meet.

CC for HC SMCVT. Massachusetts girl, who somehow ended up in Northern Vermont. Senior at Saint Michel's College studying Media, Journalism & Digital Arts. Interests include: running, Bridesmaids, bagels, the color navy and guacamole. Firm believer that you can never be overdressed or overeducated.