This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

Meet Campus Celebrity of the week, Anthony Bassignani!

1.)    What year are you? What are your majors/minors?

I am a senior here at SMC, double majoring in English and History with a Theatre minor.

2.)    How did you end up choosing SMC?

I had never heard of SMC until I received the Saint Michael’s Book Award. I visited in August before my senior year of high school and I immediately fell in love. SMC was a place I could picture myself spending the next four years.

3.)    How did you get “T$” as your nickname?

I got my nickname from my first year roommate, Drew, who loves to give people nicknames because he cannot remember their real names. When he went out to lunch with his family the day of move in, he began to wonder what I liked to be called: Anthony, Tony, T$. He ultimately decided to nickname me T$, and while we met people those first few weeks of school he only introduced me as T$. At first I resisted, but eventually just gave in and the name stuck.

4.)    What extra-curricular activities are you involved with around campus?

I am involved with the Student Association as Secretary of Academics, I am Vice President of the Drama Club, and I am also very active with the LEAP community.

5.)    What are some of your favorite aspects about Saint Michael’s?

Saint Michael’s truly is a place where anyone can find a home. It takes longer for some than it does for others, but in the end everyone finds at least one thing that they love. One of my favorite aspects is that once you meet someone, they will say hi to you every time you see them. Everyone is genuinely friendly.

6.)    What is the hardest thing about being a senior?

“Having to leave in May.” :(

7.)    What are your ultimate career goals? Do you have plans for after this year?

I am hoping to find a job in the publishing field, or possibly in a library. I have recently begun to think about the prospect of pursuing a career as a college registrar or academic advisor.

8.)    Do you have a fun fact that we should know about?

I can lick my elbow! (It’s true, I’ve seen it!)

Alex is a junior at Saint Michel's College and is pursuing a degree in business administration. Alex is from Massachusetts but loves beautiful Vermont (minus the freezing cold, snowy winters)! She loves being involved on campus - besides running the Saint Mike's Branch of Her Campus, she is a tour guide and blogger for her college and a mentor to a second-grader. Alex plans on studying-abroad in Ireland and would love to move to Boston or New York City after graduation. She is uber passionate about social media and marketing and hopes to attend business school in the future. In her free time, Alex enjoys baking, taking naps, going to the movies with friends, and telling jokes about pirates.