10 Reasons Why Taylor Swift Would Be a Good Presidential Candidate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SMCVT chapter.

As primaries have now come and gone, everyone is wondering who our new president is going to be. The people of America are now wondering if we have actually chosen the best possible candidates. Will we have our first female president? Has this Trump thing become “too real”? Or if you’re from Vermont, as I am, Bernie seems to be the real MVP. But who would actually make a great presidential candidate? None other than Taylor Swift. Here are 10 reasons why she would be a good presidential candidate.

1. Uses her fame to bring awareness to different causes and charities

Taylor has brought awareness to many different charities. Some of the charities she’s supported are the following: ALS Association, Habitat for Humanity, Small Steps Project, Feeding America, and the list goes on! Using her fame to draw attention to these organizations is just some of the amazing work Taylor Swift does.

2. Donates money to causes she believes in

Not only does Taylor Swift use her popularity to bring awareness to important charities, but she also puts her own money into different causes as well. She has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars and was named one of the most charitable celebrities.

3. Taylor is always there for her fans, so who’s to say she wouldn’t be there for the people of this country?

Staying connected to the people who support you the most is important, and she knows this. Taylor has been known to give money to fans, whether it be paying off someone’s student loans or paying for a fan’s cancer treatment. Her generosity is seen all of the time.

4. Advocate for feminism

Although there’s the possibility of having our first woman president in the upcoming election, Taylor would also make a great candidate for this position. Her stance on feminism can empower many young women, or anyone for that matter.

5. Awkward dance moves (she’s not afraid to be herself!)

Taylor is known for busting some crazy moves and has even been criticized for it, but that doesn’t stop her! She still continues to embrace herself and has decided to just “shake it off”. Being able to stay true to herself, even while being in the limelight, is something that would be great to see in a presidential candidate.

6. Her financial savvy

There’s no question about whether or not this country needs some financial help. Taylor has trademarked lyrics, has endorsements, she “uses her platform wisely” (her post towards Apple’s new streaming music service*), and the list goes on! No wonder her net worth is so high (around 200 million to be exact).

*http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrismyers/2015/06/26/why-taylor-swift-may-be-your-next-business-mentor/#24c466406743

7. She’s humble (which is more than we can say for some people)

Many presidential candidates can be known for being full of themselves. However, Taylor Swift, even though she is a huge celebrity, still stays humble. She is still surprised to this day when she wins an award and still connects with her fans to the best of her ability.

8. She’s been named woman of the year

Again, she’s been titled “woman of the year” by Billboard and won countless other awards, what else do you want?

9. Her love for cats

Taylor always talks about her cats, as well as posting photos of her cats all over social media. Honestly, how could we not have a presidential candidate who didn’t have a love for animals?

10. She’s Ellen approved!

Are you even relevant if you haven’t been approved by the queen herself — Ellen Degeneres?

Sophomore at Saint Michael's College. Lover of Starbucks, social media, and all things sweet.