Profile: Ian Iverson & Andrew Uebelein

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Campus Profile: Ian Iverson & Andrew Uebelein

Graduating Year: 2017

Majors: Both American Studies

Hometowns: Andrew — Edmonton, Canada; Ian — Long Island, NY

HC: If you had to pick one, would you rather have a romance or a bromance?

I: Bromance

A: Bromance

*High fived each other*

HC: What is your favorite activity to do together on campus?

I: Improv comedy

A: Improv comedy

HC: Would you rather live together in a Penfield double until you turned 40 or not be able to talk to or see each other until you turned 40?

I: Not see each other.

A: Not see each other for a few years but we would have pictures of each other in our wallets to look at frequently, behind our kids and dogs and wives.

HC: Ian — what would the tagline for a movie about Andrew’s life be?

I: The only thing scarier than knowing you’re alone… is finding out you’re not.

HC: Andrew — if Ian wrote a book, what would his “about the author” say?

A: Ian Iverson has a lust for life, hailing from Long Island, NY; he probably wrote the book ten days before the deadline… but it’s pretty good.

HC: Ian — when planning Andrew’s bachelor party, what 3 things would you say are a must-do for the night?

I: sharp aesthetic/design of the night, drinking with the boys, and no girls in sight.

HC: Andrew — when giving a toast at Ian’s wedding, what would the opening line to your speech be?

A: Excuse this speech, because I’ve had a few cocktails this afternoon (points at Mohegan Sun bartender) *winks* I wanna talk about the man of the hour…

HC: If you guys were living apart, what 5 items would you include in care packages to each other?

I: Kendama (Andrew is a big fan of the Japanese ball in cup), a pack of Gogo Squeezes, Battlestar Galactica (we’ve been meaning to start that), a ton of money, and a portrait that I drew of you entirely based on memory.

A: Some thrifted art work with a note as to why I found it for him, ramen and oatmeal (got to have a food component), whatever book I just finished because we love swapping books. I’d send YOU a ton of money, and I’d send him a golden retriever because this guy loves goldens unlike anyone I’ve ever met.

HC: Describe each other’s dream romantic partner?

A: Ian’s dream romantic partner is a girl who is not a surfer but probably could surf. Like you’d look at her and be like, “that girl could surf.” Obviously very funny, kind hearted. Someone who likes the magic of live performance of any type.

I: Very unpretentious, reserved, and kind. Someone who isn’t beaming to be the center of attention all the time. Someone who isn’t the face of the thing they’re working on but works very hard behind the scenes. Probably the VP of GE.

HC: What’re you most looking forward to for your senior year?

A: We’re holding auditions for both of our sketch improv groups: Skidomedy and Adlibs. For Skidomedy, the auditions are in Falstaffs at 4pm this Sunday. For Adlibs, the auditions are on Thursday at 7pm in Bolton 280 and Friday in JKB at 3:30pm. How about you Ian?

I: Stand up night happens on campus twice a semester in the SPA. We’ll make a Facebook event for that so people can just get in touch with either of us if that’s something they’re interested in. Even if you just have a few funny things saved under the notes of your phone, come try it out. Very low stakes, just get in touch with us. We also have a weekly variety show project we’re working on that you’ll hear about very soon so keep an eye out for that. We’re thinking of calling it Mana Crystal. Andrew made a dope-a$$ poster for it… actually Andrew has been making all of the comedy group posters and they’re all great.

A: Also for Mana Crystal the same low stakes as the stand up apply. We just want to create a positive atmosphere for performance. We really want to encourage people who haven’t performed before to perform.

Emma Bernstein

Skidmore '19

Senior polisci major with a passion for matcha, Cristiano Ronaldo, late-night political comedy, and bucket hats.