Home for the Holidays Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

No matter where you’re going this winter break, or how you’re getting there, there’s a pretty strong chance you’ll have a lot of time to listen to music while travelling. I, for one, have a 4 hour drive home by myself, and I think I’ll go crazy if I don’t have music blasting the whole time. I’m probably going to just throw a Spotify playlsit on shuffle, because I’m terrible at curating long playlists, but I thought I’d put together a short one as well. This is a playlist of ten songs that are amazing to drive to (but also to fly or ride to!) and ten songs that, hopefully, are new to you. 

Happy listening, and travel safely! 

1. Voldemort – With Confidence

2. Lightning in a Bottle – The Summer Set 

3. Perfect Score – State Champs

4. Disconnected – 5 Seconds of Summer

5. Shameless – All Time Low

6. Finders Keepers – You Me At Six

7. Runaway – Against the Current

8. Temporary Fix – One Direction 

9. Still Falling For You – Ellie Goulding 

10. Bored to Death – blink-182*

*In my humble opinion, blink have the BEST driving music. If you run out of things to listen to, I highly suggest some blink-182.

Gwen is a senior, English major, and co-CC of Her Campus Skidmore. She spends a lot of time watching Pretty Little Liars and Fixer Upper, listening to music, staring at her comptuer screen and wishing words would come easier, and waiting for the New York Islanders to win another Stanley Cup (preferably at the Coli). Also, she really likes cheese and is trying to learn to skateboard. It's not going very well.