This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Halloween is stressful. Originality and your budget aren’t always the best of friends, and sometimes the last thing you need, on top of your ridiculous pile of homework, is the looming reminder that Halloween is in four days and you haven’t come up with a costume yet. This year, we’re helping you out by compiling five fun Halloween makeup tutorials for both beginners and super advanced makeup aficionados. From the super scary to the super cute, putting together a makeup costume is a fun, unique, and affordable (you probably already have all this stuff!) way to make sure your look is totally on point this Halloween.

1. Kitty Cat

Starting off with something super easy and not-so-scary. All you need to complete Sonia Castaneda’s Kitty Cat tutorial is an all black outfit and some cute cat ears.

2. Bloody Mary

Nikkie Tutorials’ Bloody Mary look is a perfect combination of scary and scarily easy to do – you can be as messy as you want with this look, and it’ll still come out right. Another super low maintenance, low cost, and unique look.

3. Queen of the Dead

Another Nikkie tutorials video! This one is a little more difficult, but probably my favorite look on this list. We all feel a little like the Queen of the Dead during midterms and finals – might as well embrace the look a few weeks early for Halloween.

4. Broken Doll

I watched approximately one million broken doll tutorials while compiling this list, and this one by Dolce Candy is easily my favorite. This tutorial is a little difficult and probably requires some supplies you don’t have, but it’s so creepy and fun that it’s definitely worth the work! 

5. Maleficent

Maleficent is hands down one of the best Disney villains ever – and she’s really having a moment right now. This tutorial by Miranda Hedman is actually a lot easier than it seems at first glance, plus you can find really fun and easy DIY videos to help you make Maleficent’s headpiece on your own! Also, check that contour. 

Gwen is a senior, English major, and co-CC of Her Campus Skidmore. She spends a lot of time watching Pretty Little Liars and Fixer Upper, listening to music, staring at her comptuer screen and wishing words would come easier, and waiting for the New York Islanders to win another Stanley Cup (preferably at the Coli). Also, she really likes cheese and is trying to learn to skateboard. It's not going very well.
A senior at Skidmore College, who loves beagles, batman, and sushi. You can find me dreaming about Anderson Cooper and doing crossword puzzles.