Evy Yergan ’16, Star of AMERICAN MEDEA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

The Theatre Department’s mainstage show AMERICAN MEDEA opens this Friday, and Evy is one of the students in the ensemble cast. Hear about her experience working on the show, and be sure to check her out on stage by reserving tickets for one of the 7 performances this weekend and next.

Name: Evy Yergan

Class: 2016

Major: Theatre

Hometown: Saratoga Springs, NY

HC: How long have you been involved in theatre?

Evy: I’ve been involved in theatre my entire life. Both of my parents were in theatre.

HC: What made you decide to audition for AMERICAN MEDEA?

Evy: I wasn’t going to audition at all this semester, but then I realized that I was very passionate about both of the productions. AMERICAN MEDEA specifically – being a feminist, [I wanted to] take on a myth that deals with the constructed ideals of motherhood and femininity (among many other important issues).

HC: What has been your favorite part of being involved in this show?

Evy: It’s hard to pick a favorite part. I think it must be between doing viewpoints training and having in depth discussions about the controversial themes in the text. I also love the cast and crew dearly.

HC: Do you have any advice for younger Skidmore students who want to be actors/actresses?

Evy: Do what you feel if it’s real.

HC: When and where is the show, and how can we get tickets?

Evy: AMERICAN MEDEA opens at the JKB on Friday the 14th, and runs for two weekends with performances at 8, and Sundays at 2. You can get tickets online at the Skidmore box office website, at the actual box office, or at the tables set up at Case Center.