8 Reasons We Can’t Wait For Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Excited for winter break? So are we! Here’s what we’re most excited for this year:

1.  The Food

As much as we LOVE D-Hall, it can get kind of old, especially at the end of the semester. And we all know that the comfort food we get at home is what we really have been missing. Even though we just pulled out those stretchy pants for Thanksgiving, maybe it’s time for round two?

2. The R & R (Rest and Relaxation)

Who doesn’t need a little R & R after a long semester?

Some suggestions: Have a spa day, get mani-pedis with your Mom, get some retail therapy (never hurt right?), or have a girls movie night.

3.  Showering without Shoes

Showering with flip flops on is probably one of the MOST annoying things about dorm life, am I right ladies? But we all do it because we have to, so we can’t wait to touch our toes to the shower floor at home. Also, for all you bath lovers out there, don’t forget that being able to relax in a bubble bath at home is practically HEAVEN.

4. Sleeping in your Own Bed

There’s nothing like sleeping in your own bed with all your stuffed animals (and even your pets)!

5. Special Treatment from your Parents

For all you freshies out there (and even us upperclassmen), being home for the break just feels so good. Your parents treat you like a princess and why would you complain? They do your laundry, they cook you special meals, they let you sleep all day, and take you shopping! Yes please!

6.  The Holidays

It’s the holiday season – and whether you’re excited for Hanukkah, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, or even Chinese New Year, we all know that with the holidays come family reunions, dinners, and so many yummy snacks.

7. Christmas Movies!

Who doesn’t LOVE Christmas spirit? We can’t get enough of holiday movies, music, and decorations. This year’s “must watch” classic Christmas movie list includes:

• Elf (of course)
  • The Holiday (for all the single ladies out there!)
  • It’s a Wonderful Life (self-explanatory)
  • Miracle on 34th Street
  • A Charlie Brown Christmas (who doesn’t love Charlie Brown and Snoopy?)
  • Home Alone (need I say more?)

8. A Break from the Books…

And let’s be real – escaping all the finals, papers, and stress is what we’re really looking forward to about break! Just think about the bright future you have ahead of you…  after the dreadful studying and exams.

Can’t wait for Winter Break? Don’t worry; it’s just around the corner! Let us know what you’re most excited for!

A senior at Skidmore College, who loves beagles, batman, and sushi. You can find me dreaming about Anderson Cooper and doing crossword puzzles.