This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

If the line at Winnies seems unbearable, and Dunkin’ just wont satisfy your brunch cravings, then take the short trip to White Dog Café on Sansom in University City. With three locations, this restaurant has been a Philadelphia favorite since 1983.  Here are a few reasons White Dog Café is definitely worth the trip.

1. Easy Reservations

The restaurant is huge! And not like Olive Garden huge. White Dog is filled with amazing décor and many small rooms to make your dining experience feel much more intimate. That being said, getting a reservation is usually no problem.

2. Farm to Table

If sustainability and eating organic is your thing, White Dog has you covered. The restaurants boasts lists on their website, and in the restaurants of various farms where the food is directly coming from.

3. Great Deals

Is it really brunch without Mimosas and/or Bloody Marys?? White Dog has a great bottomless deal, $14 for bottomless mimosas, bloody marys, and white or red sangria. The service is fast and the rounds will keep coming.

4. The FOOD

The menu is vast. It offers everything from fried pickles to steak and eggs to delicious salads. The portion sizes are also so huge, so expect to bring home leftovers.  

5. The location

Sansom Street is right by University City, which has great shops, museums, and scenery. Walking around after brunch makes the trip all the more worth it.

That’s all for now!

HCXO,

Kat