Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization at Simmons!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

Have you ever thought about starting your own business one day? One of Simmons newest clubs, the Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization(CEO), is looking to excited new members! This club will be a great place to meet new people, of all majors, and get a taste of what it means to be an entrepreneur. Keep reading for all of your questions to be answered by the chapter president Sophie Flynn!

What is CEO?

Collegiate Entrepreneurship Organization, otherwise known as CEO, is a nonprofit organization that provides students exploring entrepreneurship with opportunities, events, chapter activities and conferences to both educate and assist student entrepreneurial ventures.

What made you want to start this organization on campus?

I have a passion for leadership and entrepreneurship and wanted to bring an organization to Simmons that would benefit all on campus. The Director of the Simmons Entrepreneurship Program, Professor Teresa Nelson, is the faculty advisor. She and I wish to promote entrepreneurship within the Simmons and Colleges of the Fenway (COF) communities and the many ways in which entrepreneurs (of all fields) use business skills to build unique careers. We are also working to create the first COF organization, meaning that anyone from the various COF schools can join our chapter and partake in our meetings, events, etc.

How will this benefit the Simmons Community?

CEO differentiates itself from other college organizations because anyone can join regardless of your major! One of our goals is to teach students about the many ways in which entrepreneurial skills can assist them at all levels of employment. Whether you want to start your own nutrition clinic, have your own art studio, or simply help grow an established company, entrepreneurial skills can assist you in all career paths.

Are there any future events/plans the club will be hosting?

We are planning a couple of different events! Our largest event will be a panel discussion featuring successful entrepreneur alumni from the various COF schools. Stay tuned as details will be publicized around campus soon!

How would one join?

Feel free to reach out to me at flynsr@simmons.edu to learn more! I am more than happy to put prospective members in contact with a current team member to further discuss our organization. We are in the process of formally establishing our E-board and have a few leadership positions available. This is a great opportunity for students of all majors to get involved on campus with a passionate and motivated team!

First Photo: http://www.c-e-o.org/

Second Photo: https://www.pexels.com/photo/business-money-innovation-icon-40218/

Abby Bowman

Simmons '20

Retail Management & Marketing Major