Why Siena College Students are the Happiest College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Walking around Siena’s campus, it’s almost impossible to not see someone with a smile on their face. We all have so many reasons to feel #blessed here, as we all radiate the same love for our school. Seeing this, I sought out to find out the different reasons why our students are so happy, and what they love most about campus.

Here’s what they had to say:

“What I really love about Siena is honestly all of the amazing people I have met. It seems like everyone here is just genuinely nice, and not many other places have that vibe.”

“There’s a ton of clubs and organizations that you can get involved with. These really help if you want to make new friends or just make a difference.”

“Friar Larry is my man.”

“I love how small the school and classes are. I like how you have the chance to know most of the people at the school, which makes everyone very close. It doesn’t feel like you’re away from home because everything is so comfortable here.”

“The campus is so pretty at all times of the year. I love watching the sunsets over Siena Hall.”

“It’s lit.”

“Siena really is it’s own community, and there’s a lot of friendly people here that can make this campus feel like home.”

“I love how there are events every weekend for the students who don’t want to party. Mr. Siena and Siena Fest are things that the students look forward to.”

“Nothing beats when you see a dog or a puppy being walked through campus. That is a feeling of excitement unlike any other.”

“The Saga staff makes my day. They always tell me jokes and really want to get to know us all.”

“Everyone holds doors open for you, even if you’re 20 feet away they will awkwardly wait for you to get there.”

“The desserts are the bomb-dot-com.”

“Siena is awesome. In my opinion, Siena students are the happiest because of the other students around them. The students are so friendly, and everybody gets along with everybody else. The campus is just a place that people can feel safe and welcome, no matter what.”

For me, it’s simple. I love that I can walk to class everyday and see multiple familiar faces on the way. Sometimes, at 8 in the morning you just need a smile from a passing friend to wake you up. Nothing makes me happier than when fresh pita chips are put out in Saga, that’s when you know it’s going to be a good day. I love the crazy campus squirrels who basically run across your feet… or try to bite you (PSA: don’t pet them).

Most of all, I love the fact that we’re able to establish relationships with all of our professors so easily, and how everyone on this campus has welcomed me with open arms (and doors) since the moment I drove through the gates on Move-In Day.