Mr. Siena Series – Erik Reidel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

It’s the event that we’ve all been waiting for — Mr. Siena! Get to know the contestants before you see them strutting their stuffs on stage. First up, senior Biology major and Spanish minor, Erik Reidel!

Her Campus Siena: What made you want to become involved with Mr. Siena?

Erik Reidel: I feel that Mr. Siena is an amazing opportunity to meet new people, have lots of fun and support a super worthy cause! Habitat for Humanity is a great organization, and I am thrilled to have had the honor of supporting it. I also love friendly competitions and dancing (even though I am certainly not the best dancer).

HCS: Have you done any service trips? If so, where?

ER: I have never had the privilege to join a Habitat for Humanity service trip, but I went to Oaxaca, Mexico for six weeks this summer with two other Siena Students. We taught English and math to students ages 6 to 17, and we also taught 1:1 English lessons to single mothers who otherwise could not afford lessons. It was one of the most special experiences of my life!

HCS: Are you doing any service trips in the spring?

ER: While the details are not entirely solidified, I may be spending spring break in Texas working with child immigrants.

HCS: Let’s give the people some hints… what is your special talent that we might see at Mr. Siena?

ER: The thing I have always been best at is academics, especially the sciences…

Make sure to give a friendly “hello” to Mr. Siena contestant Erik Reidel if you see him around on campus, and wish him good luck before the big night!

Mr. Siena is on Saturday, February 3rd at 8:00 pm in the Marcelle Athletic Complex (doors open at 7:00 pm)! Buy your Mr. Siena presale-tickets at the Welcome Desk in the Sarazen Student Union for $6, or at the door for $8. See you there, Saints!

Kathryn Anderson is a Siena College Class of 2020 alumna. She studied Marketing during her time at Siena.