This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Going to college is nerve-wracking and picking your major doesn’t make college much easier. You have so many options and probably a lot of interests that you want to explore, so here are some tips to help you pick your major!

1. Go in undecided.

Gif Source

You have time, you don’t have to have your life figured out when you’re a senior in high school.

2. Try to finish your cores first.

Gif Source

Finishing your cores first helps you stay on track, so your junior and senior year, you can focus on what you’re studying and you can even find what you like through core classes.

3. Take any classes you think you’ll be interested in.

Gif Source

You need to find what you do and do not like. Take a marketing, social work or even a chemistry class to get the gist of what you like!

4. Join as many clubs as you can.

Gif Source

If you don’t take a class, you can join clubs to figure out what you like and put your skills to the test. You can join Best Buddies and find out you want to be a teacher, join Entrepreneurship Club to figure out if you like business and want to create your own, or Her Campus to find your love for writing!

5. Wait.

Gif Source

You have until the end of your second year to declare your major! You don’t need to rush. Wait and make sure what you are picking is something you’re actually interested in.

6. Don’t be afraid to change your major.

Gif Source

Do what makes you happy. If you don’t like what you declared, you have time to change and you will catch up.

Thumbnail Image Source

Shannon Knott is a Siena College Class of 2020 alumna. She studied Marketing during her time at Siena.