Q&A with Blossom Malhan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

In the aftermath of Canada’s recent election, I thought it would be fitting to converse with one of the most politically impassioned and knowledgeable people I know. Blossom is passionate, energetic, kind-hearted, beautiful, and intelligent. Best of all, she does not live only for herself, but she genuinely wants to use her superpowers to make the world a better place. So, I suggest we all sit up and take note.

The Basics: 

Name: Blossom Malhan
Hometown: Delta
Year: 4th
Major: International Studies and Political Science
Relationship Status: Single

Some things we’d like to know:

Describe yourself in 3 words.
“Ambitious, enthusiastic and a dog-lover.”

What is your favorite place on campus?
“Wherever I can find food and friends.”

Your favourite time of the year?
“Summer, autumn, and Christmas…and spring too. This is a hard question if you think about it. In my defense, I would like to say I am just not a picky person!”

Favourite song?
“‘Good Life’ by Kanye West.”

Your choice of drink (a.k.a your poison)?
“Iced Americanos, even in the winter! They give you another reason to cuddle up by the fireplace. It’s perfect.”

Clothes over bros? 
“Oh, yes. And shoes too! However, sometimes I borrow my brother’s hoodies so I guess if I ever had to protect him one day I would pick bros over clothes.” 

Someone you adore or aspire to be?
“I absolutely adore and aspire to be like my grandma one day. She’s a superwoman!”

Number one thing you would change at SFU if elected to council?
“Depending on the council, I would push for an SFU Law School with a specialty in International Law.”

Best and worst part of elections?
“Don’t even get me started. I went crazy during the elections.” (She actually did, folks, trust me). “The best part was that I got to vote […] on campus with so many other students. It made me happy on the inside.”

Number one thing you would change in Canada if elected Prime Minister?
“Improving our education system – and yes, that would include [free tuition]. Education shouldn’t be an overpriced, stress-related and mundane activity. Everyone should get to explore the world however they like. And to all the politicians and taxpayers [who] are already complaining, relax! This will be worth your while.”

Balroop is an English Major with Humanities and History minors. She thrives on coffee, coke, and chocolate. She has proclaimed herself the "Queen of Procrastination". Perpetually stranded on a blueberry farm, she has developed an undying love for Netflix.