Her Campus SFU Presents: Vancouver Women – Shattering the Glass Ceiling!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

A little about Her Campus. 

Her Campus Media is the #1 new media brand and online magazine for the empowered college woman. Written entirely by the world’s top college journalists – with 10,000+ contributors and counting. Her Campus publishes content on everything from style and beauty to real world issues that women can relate to. 

Founded by three Harvard studentsStephanie Kaplan Lewis ‘10, Windsor Hanger Western ‘10, and Annie Wang ‘11—Her Campus was a winner in Harvard College’s business plan competition. Since then, chapters of Her Campus has expanded to 330+ campuses in ten countries.

At Her Campus SFU, we pride ourselves as tight-knitted group of likeminded individuals who are passionate about creating meaningful content to college women and beyond. We value collaboration, community and female empowerment.

Our Main Event

Welcome to Her Campus SFU’s first FREE networking and speaker event! Save the date for March 25th 2017, everyone!

Who: Her Campus SFU

When: March 25th 2017 at 6:00 p.m – 9 p.m.

What: The theme for this semester’s event will be Vancouver Women: Shattering the Glass Ceiling. Our key note speaker and networking event will include speakers from a diverse and interesting set of industries, meant to empower and encourage us to chase our passions and to change the world, one person at a time.

Donations will be accepted at the door, where 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Downtown Eastside Vancouver Women’s Shelter.

Light refreshments and catering will be included in admission. 

Where: SFU Harbour Centre, 555 West Hastings Street, Vancouver 

Dress Code: Business casual

Cost: FREE!

Get excited! Here is a list of the speakers to look forward to:

Taran Ghatrora: 

Taran Ghatrora is a former lawyer, a self-starting entrepreneur, and the co-founder of https://www.elleboxco.com/

Brittany Whitmore:

Brittany Whitmore is the founder and exectuive director of TEDxGastownWomen. She is also the founder, publicist, and producer of Exvera Communications: http://www.exvera.com/.

She has worked as a technology columnist at Business in Vancouver, and also as a technology panelist at Roundhouse Radio. On top of all that, she also wears the proud title of being a speaker, media personality, and mentor. 

Elle Florence: 

Elle Florence has worked as a lawyer and a Youtube Fashion and Style Guru based in Vancouver, and as a vlogger! 

For more information, check out our Facebook event page.

Elvira Chan is a third year Communication and Print & Digital Publishing student at Simon Fraser University. Passionate about telling stories that have an impact, she is an advocate for creating change through words and conversations. A blog writer, storyteller, student, and explorer, Elvira has worked, written, and volunteered for several organizations revolving around media, education, and tourism. She hopes to pursue a career in the publishing industry as well as the healthcare industry.