Spring Break 2012 The SFA Way

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

The countdown begins! It’s officially five days left until Spring Break ’12 begins! People are packing their bags, getting schoolwork done and over with and getting those bikini bodies, as they prepare for the week every college student looks forward to during the spring semester. In honor of these five days left before the anticipated spring break begins, we’re going to give you the scoop on the five top places that will host SFA students’ spring break fever.

5. Big Bend National Park
The Outdoor Center at SFA Campus Recreation is giving twelve students their ticket to adventure, as they prepare to explore the wildly awesome natural region. This will be a weeklong excursion of one of the most extreme parks in Texas, beginning on March 10th and ending March 17th. “We’ll hike up Emory Peak and eat lunch above the clouds, and canoe our way through Boquillas canyon all while admiring the beautiful backdrop of the south west.”

4. South Padre Island
This next spring break destination is for those college students who are looking to party on a budget. South Padre Island is the perfect place to lose control without breaking your wallets. With this place being so popular during spring break, it’s almost impossible to book a place to stay at the last minute. So the SFA students that will party it up on Coca-Cola beach definitely planned early. We’re guaranteed to see tons of students on campus the week after spring break wearing “I love Padre” or “South Padre Spring Break Party” t-shirts. So get ready!

3.Panama City, Florida
A wild crowd of SFA students will return with the Spring Break ’12 report from the sunny beaches of Panama City, FL. A place with tons of media coverage, big-winning contests and wild spring breakers, Panama City is sure to be the spot for spring break fever. Coming from someone who has experienced the Panama City spring break wildest, there’s no party like a PCBeach party. So if you’re one of the lucky PC travelers, get ready for a spring break you’ll never forget!

2. Vegas
I know it’s crazy to even think about. Spring Break ’12 in Vegas!!! We all know how the saying goes, “what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas”, and Spring Break ’12 will be no different. This is the spring break adventure for the SFA ballers. It’s time to spend some money to win some money, and have a Hangover kind of night while you at it. “Sin City” will have SFA students coming back from spring break with stories and secrets sure to blow our minds away.

1.Take it back home or stay right here in small-town Nacogdoches
To some this spring break destination may seem just plain boring and unworthy of the anticipated week. But for many, it’s the only choice. When money is tight or plans fall through, home or finding a good time in Nacogdoches is the final option. There will be plenty of SFA students grabbing that remote and kicking back to relax on mom and dad’s sofa or getting some much needed rest in their Nacogdoches residence. Or you always have those folks who’ll take advantage of everyone else being gone on trips for spring break, and volunteer to work long hours at their job to make that extra cash. Or maybe you’re one of those students who will take advantage of the spring break sun and come tan or have your own “beach” party at Campus Recreation (because it’ll be open). There are plenty of things to do if you’re one of these people, so don’t lose hope or your spring break spirit.

Which one of these five destinations will be the setting for your Spring Break ’12 story? I know where I’ll be and if you’re lucky, you’ll get a picture with your HerCampusSFA very own on the beaches of South Padre (yes, I’m on a budget). So happy spring break travels everyone and ready there’s nothing wrong with having fun if you make sure you’re being safe while you’re doing so. 

Jessika Davidson is a senior at Stephen F. Austin State University majoring in Radio/TV communications with an emphasis in news writing and a public relations/photojournalism double minor. From Houston, TX, the humorous and vivacious campus socialite came to Nacogdoches to escape the hustle and bustle of Texas' big city. When she's not hard at work at the campus radio or TV station, she's often doing community service projects around town with her sorority sisters of Gamma Sigma Sigma, of which she is the chapter president of. She also enjoys working at her jobs, one as a Master Control Operator for the KTRE-9 TV station and one as the owner of Jessika Davidson Photography, where she travels the state with her beloved nikon, affectionately named "Gary", to shoot weddings. She is beyond excited to be a campus correspondent for SFA, and hopes to become a video journalist (news reporter) or a host of a entertainment show.