This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

How perfect for today’s Valentine’s day occasion! The SFA Alumni Association is hosting an SFA couple contest. The couple’s photo/story with the most likes by Friday, 8 a.m. will win an SFA couple’s gift basket and a feature on the SFA Alumni Association Facebook cover photo.

While snooping through the stories, I stumbled across familiar faces and decided to share their story. I hope you enjoy this “fairy-tale” as much as I did. Whether single, taken, complicated, married or divorce, take the time out to appreciate love and how beautiful it can be.

Thank you Esteban Nambo for sharing your love story about your love, Natalie Torres!

(Does anybody else feel the need to sing Future’s Love and Affection? No, :/ Just me, okay. )  

Me and Natalie Torres met way back in 8th Grade at Killough Middle School. She was the extremely studious student who always did her work and stayed away from any sort of trouble, did I mention she was in Band? I was the student Athlete who wasn’t to impressed with learning anything while in school but would use my charm to get through my work load and social life at school. We were complete opposites. I was busy being social and hanging out with my buds, and she was busy doing what ever it was she did. We knew of each other and knew who we were we had classes together, and at one point I may or may not of had a teeny crush on her, (Her laugh then was as infectious as it is now) but we where in two completely different worlds. Fast forward 4 years, I was coming to SFA for the first time ever not knowing any one ,not knowing what Nacogdoches was, but I was ready to commit to SFASU. I was walking down The Village on campus when I noticed a familiar face, It was Natalie and a group of girls she was with. I was alone but I never have been afraid to approach a group of people. I walked up to her and said “Hi! Remember me?” and her response was probably the scariest thing I experienced, and it was because she never really gave me a response, she just looked shocked. I went on about my business embarrassed. Fast forward one semester to Spring 10, I am at a party with some of my buds, kinda intoxicated and we see each other we walked past each other plenty of times but no one had the courage to speak up. The night was beginning to end when I just couldn’t let the awkwardness happen much longer so I walk up to Natalie, look her in the eye pull my right hand forwards and re-introduce my self I tell her “Hi! I’m Esteban Nambo. Do you remember me?” she giggles smiles and says, “Hi! I am Natalie Torres, and Yes I do remember you!” We have a short small talk conversation and then we leave each other. A whole summer goes by before we talk again. Fall 10 we start talking again and it was a little weird cause we know we have history together, but we give it a shot. In mid November I asked her if she would like to go to the movies with me, to what she replies to me “To the movies? Like on a date?” I smoothly reply “It wouldn’t be a date with out dinner.” She then agreed on the date. The date didn’t go to great it was actually really scary, but we both tried to make the best of it. By the end of the night we both were looking to just end it. We both eventually admitted to each other that we weren’t thinking of ever seeing each other again after that night. But something kept us together our interest was never lost because the next week we continued seeing each other and going on a series of dates with each other continually growing and getting to know each other. By February 15 2011 we made it official. 2 days shy of our 2 year mark, we can both still laugh at each other, love each other, be around each other and know that we will always find comfort with in each others grasp. I love me some Natalie Torres, and Natalie Torres Loves her some Esteban Nambo. That’s our story. Hope you guys enjoyed!

Again thank you Esteban, and Happy Valentine’s Day to our readers! 

Kayla Borens is a senior from Stephen F Austin State University pursuing a degree in Public Communications. She has been selected as a recipient for the 2012 Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges and graduate of Kilgore Junior College. Kayla currently interns for pr firm CasMacPR, and teaches Zumba! She is also an active member in a Christian youth group, The TURNAROUND in East Texas, as well as a supporting sister of younger brother, Spencer and older sister, Selena. Her post-graduation plans include working in Texas pursuing a career in public relations and social media and making her parents proud. :) You can follow her via Twitter @PR_incess_KayB & @creativedream_.