Top 10 TV shows to watch right now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Sewanee chapter.

Warm weather or cold weather, we all watch tv shows whenever we can to relax us from the stress of school and everyday life. Regular TV has gone out of style and sites like Netflix, HBO, Hulu, and others have become very popular. Here are some of my top shows that I could binge anytime.

• Game of thrones (Can be found on HBO)

This show is not for the faint hearted. There is rape, violence, murder, or a combination of all three in every show. But there is also witchcraft, dragons, and brave sexy men. This show has revolutionized television, it has stepped outside the box and created a fantasy world that pulls everyone in. The plot is intricate and dramatic full of sensual love stories and cruel powerful families. I would 10/10 recommend to anyone who loves drama, action, or fantasy.

• Friends (Can be found on Netflix)

Although it may be old, it is one of the best shows I have ever seen. I have watched it at least five times through and enjoy it more and more. It is a show centered around sixth friends and their lives. The comedy rests on the drama of day to day life from work trouble (sleeping with your friend’s boss), to family drama (thinking your dead mother has been incarnated into a cat), to love life drama (getting married and divorced three times). This show is by far the funniest more relatable show that you won’t want to stop watching. It’s a guaranteed good time.

• The Office (Can be found on Netflix)

Another oldie but goodie. This show is one of my all-time favorites. It is centered around a small paper company headed by a boss who has everything but work on his mind. The show is for those who love comedy, romance, and more comedy. The more you get to know the characters the funnier it gets. Each character is so unique and hilarious in their own way. I would definitely recommend this 10/10

• Sex and the City (Can be found on HBO)

Four girls and their adventures through New York city. These girls are trying to find true love, which they discover is not so easy. This show is one of the best shows for anyone who wants a romantic comedy. These four girls struggle to find the right guy, the perfect shoes, and manage their chaotic lives. I absolutely adore this show. It answers a lot of the relationship questions that we don’t want to ask our friends. Plus the guys in the show are HOT HOT HOT.

• Sherlock (can be found on PBS)

Two words. Benedict Cumberbatch. I would say you should watch the show just for him, but the show elicits a lot more than just him. It is a crime-solving mystery novel packed with action. For any thrill seekers, this is your show. It is a must watch!

• Parks and Rec (Can be found on Netflix)  

Amy Poehler stars as Leslie Knope a bright-minded, determined government official who runs the Parks and Recreations Department of a small Indiana town where she and her gang try to make their city a better place. This comedy is one for the books as the team gets stuck in some quirky situations. It’s a must see for anyone who needs a good laugh.

• House of Cards (Can be found on Netflix)

This show is full of drama, revenge, murder and sex. Its about a Majority Whip Leader Frank Undewood (Kevin Spacy) who after getting passed up for a promotion decided to get revenge on the system and start his plot for president. The show entices those who crave political drama. Watch one show and you’ll be hooked.

• Law and Order (Can be found on Hulu)

This show just never gets old! 

• West world (Can be found on HBO)

This new HBO show is all about living out your fantasy in the world of the west. But it’s not just any park that allows you to do this. It is a park full of robots that are there for your every need. But these robots aren’t any robots, they are robots that look exactly like people. Depending on what type of experience you want, you can kill, have sex, rob people or you can conquer the bad guys of the wild wild west seeking adventure and good. This show is full of unexpected thrillers that will keep you hooked from the very beginning.

• Series of Unforunate events (Can be found on Netflix)

This new show on Netflix does an excellent job transforming the book series into tv. Neil Patrick Harris takes on the role of Count Olaf, the antagonist in the story who seeks to obtain Violet, Klaus, and Sunny’s fortune after their parent died in a house fire. This series is tearjerkingly good. Grab a tissue and box of popcorn and watch as three orphans go through a series of unfortunate events.

SaveSave