Timothy Cullen ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Name: Timothy Cullen

Nickname: Smiles

Year: 2014

Hometown: Somerville, NJ

Dorm: Commuter

Major: Broadcasting: Radio

Status: Taken

Activities: Assistant News Director & DJ at 89.5 FM WSOU, Peer Advisor in Freshmen Studies, Promotions Intern at 105.5 FM WDHA

Activity he enjoys most: I LOVE working a WSOU. The school radio station is the reason I came to SHU, a decision that pays off everyday. There is no greater thrill than speaking behind a mic and entertaining listeners from all over the New York and New Jersey area. WSOU teaches me to be a better public speaker and allows me to express my creativity to an audience larger than I ever imagined.

Describe yourself in three words: Goofy, smooth-talker, courteous

What is your favorite SHU memory? I was given the opportunity to host a big event on campus called University Day through SHU’s radio station, WSOU. It’s a huge celebration at the start of the academic year where students and families enjoy live entertainment, activities, and the chance to connect with the Seton Hall community. Standing behind the microphone on stage and interacting with an audience was a blast. Energizing the crowd on University Day has been my favorite SHU memory.

What do you look for in a girl? I look for a girl with a great sense of humor. Someone who is both goofy and mature for her age. I don’t put up with the “high school” drama. I love a lady who is driven in life but doesn’t take everything too seriously. A girl who will dance in the rain is always better than one who hides under an umbrella.

If you could be a superhero, who would you be and why? Mr. Incredible hands down! He has superstrength but is a family man who has problems like everyone else. He doesn’t seek the attention of the public, only the attention of his loved ones. I think Mr. Incredible is a model of both being super and man.

What would be your ideal first date? I don’t believe there can be an “ideal date”. Nothing ever goes as planned so why stress over making that way. A first date is both exciting and slightly awkward; and I’m a whole mess of awkward. And through my experiences, girls like seeing a guy who can be creative in an awkward situation. Ideally, a nice restaurant is the perfect setting to talk and laugh and see where things go. And to the guys: ALWAYS hold the door, take the coat, pull out the chair, and pay the bill AND tip.

What do you do for fun on campus? I play a mean game of racquetball. But when I’m off the court, I’ll go on adventures with friends; making memories and cracking jokes along the way.

Charlotte Lewis is a sophomore at Seton Hall University studying Journalism and Public Relations. She recently joined the Her Campus Team and is serving as founder and campus correspondent of the new Seton Hall chapter. Charlotte was born and raised in New Jersey, and is always proud of her Jersey girl status. She serves on the editorial board of the Seton Hall undergraduate newspaper as Assistant News Editor. One of her biggest goals in life is to be just like Blair Waldorf. Realistically, she aims to someday be a correspondent for the New York Times or Time Magazine. You can always find her talking to someone, it's a guarantee that her iPhone is on her at all times. In her spare time Charlotte loves going to New York City, listening to all kinds of music, running, shopping, travelling, and watching everything on Bravo and TLC. She loves to give advice and is always up for an adventure.