Seton Hall Campus Cutie: Timothy Hoffman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Name: Timothy Hoffman

Year: senior

Hometown: Hackensack, NJ

Major: political science

Relationship Status: In a Relationship

Campus Activities: SGA President, Pep Band, Pi Sigma Alpha (Political Science honors society), Phi Alpha Theta (History honors society), SAB, emerging leaders program, Senior leadership fellows program

Introducing Tim Hoffman, outgoing SGA President and incoming Campus Cutie!

HC (Her Campus): What does it mean to you to be a Pirate?

TH (Timothy Hoffman): “I think school spirit is really important. Our athletic teams drive the Pirate brand, being supportive of them is important to me. All of this gives us a sense of community and something we can rally around.”

HC: What’s your favorite spot on campus?

TH: “The green.”

HC: If you could go back to freshman year and tell yourself something that you know now, what would it be?

TH: “Go to as many things as possible. As a freshman you’re not going to want to reach out because you’re in a new environment, but that can’t stop you. Don’t be afraid to get involved in everything the campus has to offer.” 

HC: In 20 years you will be…?

TH: “Hopefully making a difference in the world. Whether it’s at a local level in government or working to make a major change somewhere. I really want to make a difference in people’s lives.” 

HC: What has been the highlight of being President of SGA?

TH: “The highlight definitely has to be all the connections and relationships I’ve made on campus. I’ve been able to work with wonderful people who are committed to Seton Hall and people who want to make a difference for all students.” 

HC: If you could see any band dead or alive who would it be?

TH: “The Beatles.” 

HC: Do you have a special skill?

TH: “I’m secretly very persuasive.” 

HC: If your life was a movie who would play the part?

TH: “Bradley Cooper.” 

HC: What’s your life motto?

TH: “Everything happens for a reason.”

HC: What’s your favorite vacation? 

TH: “I go to Cape Cod every summer, so I would have to say there because there’s really no place I’d rather go.” 

HC: Who has been your favorite professor and why?

TH: “Dr. Toddman from the political science department. I’ve had him for three classes, and he always makes you think about what you’re doing. Each class has made me a better writer, listener and student. He’s always there if you need help with anything and he’s really bettered my Seton Hall experience.”

HC: How did you and your girlfriend meet?

TH: “We met in marching band and started dating my senior year of high school. Her dad was my middle school band director and her mom was my high school band director.”

"If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change toward him. We need not wait to see what others do." -Mahatma Gandhi. I live for vanilla lattes and chocolate covered pretzels. If you don't like the color pink, chances are I don't like you. Future President... and if all else fails, future First Lady.
While striving to become a high maintenance magazine girl, Rachel in the mean time, is a Senior Diplomacy major at Seton Hall. Obsessions include: her dog, airplanes, horoscopes (Cosmo astrologers are n e v e r wrong), and her sorority. When asked where she plans to be in 10 years Rachel responded "In 10 years I hope I'm either a very successful NYC woman or on vacation...either will do really."