jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Seton Hall Campus Cutie: Soccer Sweetheart, Danny Bartok

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

Name: Danny Bartok
Year: junior 
Hometown: Union, NJ
Major: social behavioral science 
Minor: sociology 
Relationship Status: single 
Celebrity Crush: Alexis Ren

Meet the soccer-playing sweetheart Danny Bartok, Seton Hall’s FIRST Campus Cutie! 

HC (Her Campus): What’s your favorite part about Seton Hall?
DB (Danny Bartok): “I like that it’s small. I’m always seeing familiar faces and having 
conversations all around campus, but I have to say my favorite part is playing soccer here.”

HC: What about soccer do you like? 
DB: “Well my grandfather used to be the coach here when I was little so I was always around 
soccer, and when the opportunity came to play here there was really nowhere else I wanted to be. 
And now I get to travel the country, spend time with my best friends and play the sport I love so it 
really couldn’t get any better.”

HC: How has being on the soccer team fit into your life when it comes to dating? 
DB: “Well we’re really close with other athletes, and I’m definitely interested in an athletic girl. I 
like to be active and want to share that with any girl I’m with.”

HC: What do you look for in a girl? 
DB: “Honestly I really don’t have a certain ‘type.’ I’m open to anything. But some essentials 
would be nice. A girl who’s respectful, that’s big for me, and someone who’s active and enjoys 
sports also. If she’s attractive, that’s of course a plus. Truly, just someone I can enjoy myself with 
and be myself around.”

HC: What’s your biggest turn off for a girl? 
DB: “Smoking – without a doubt grossest thing anyone could do.”

HC: What’s your favorite part about Seton Hall girls? 
DB: “I think the best part is that a lot are local. Being from New Jersey, the long distance 
relationship thing isn’t really an issue, which is big because obviously I would want to see 
someone I’m in a relationship with more times than not. And I mean LDR’s are not fun.”

HC: What’s your signature pick-up line? 
DB: “I’m not someone who really approaches very much. I’m kind of a more laid-back, 
background kind of guy. Honestly I’m the kind of person who ends up dating friends. I like to 
get to know them first and then if things start to change I see what happens. But that’s about it. I 
wouldn’t say I’m a ‘pick-up line’ kind of guy.”

HC: What was your worst experience on a date? 
DB: “Oh my goodness, can we come back to this one? Well I went on a date and it was a group 
date and unknowingly my friend’s date brought a friend that I used to date. So predictably it was 
really awkward and my best friend, being the jokester that he is, made it very clear that he was 
going to sit on the far side of the seats with his girl next to him and I was going to be split in 
between my ex and my current date. It was very very awkward and uncomfortable, but I’m still 
friends with both girls so it was okay. But I am hoping it never happens again.”

HC: What’s been the biggest difference you’ve noticed when it comes to how you dated in 
high school and how you have in college? 
DB: “In high school I was the follower. I just kind of talked to whoever people thought were 
pretty. Now, I’ve looked to other aspects of girls outside of just an appearance. I mean they can 
be as beautiful as beautiful gets, but if they’re not a good person then it’s not really worth it so 
now I try to know who the girl really is.”

HC: Did you date a lot in high school? 
DB: “I didn’t really. It always seemed that once it was actually about to happen I was like “Oh do 
I really want this?” and any time I did it never lasted too long. I was just looking for the wrong 
things.”

HC: What’s your typical weekend in South Orange? 
DB: “Well now that I’m 21 I usually go out a little more. I would say a weekend would probably 
start by hanging out with my teammates at our house early on and then going to Hoboken or the 
City. I’m really kind of over house parties at this point. I want to open myself up to meeting more 
people in different areas.”

HC: What are three things you can’t live without? 
DB: “Food, and I mean that in more than just the basic necessity aspect. If you ask any of my 
friends, they’ll all say there’s few people who can eat more than me. Secondly, family and friends 
because even when times are rough and games aren’t going how they should, there’s people in 
my life that are always there, which is huge. Lastly, I’d have to say soccer. It was a part of my life 
since I can remember and has played such a large role that I couldn’t ever see it not being a part 
of me.”

HC: What are three things you want to do before you graduate from Seton Hall? 
DB: “Obviously I don’t want to rush it, but maybe meet that ‘special someone.’ Definitely want 
to be successful in soccer; bringing a title back to the school would really mean a lot to me. The 
third would be to meet people and make friends that will last a lifetime, really just to evolve into 
the person I want to be for the rest of my life.”

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years? 
DB: “Working, doing something I love and coming home to someone I love, that’d be nice. Just 
having someone who I can be myself around and definitely living somewhere warm. I’m done 
dealing with northeast winters. Also, traveling with family, friends and hopefully my wife.”

HC: What’s one piece of dating of advice you would give to the newcomers at Seton Hall? 
DB: “I mean I’m single so obviously I haven’t had it work out yet. But, definitely take it slow;
really get to know the person before you get involved because sometimes it doesn’t end well. But 
honestly, just make sure you do what makes you happy.”
While striving to become a high maintenance magazine girl, Rachel in the mean time, is a Senior Diplomacy major at Seton Hall. Obsessions include: her dog, airplanes, horoscopes (Cosmo astrologers are n e v e r wrong), and her sorority. When asked where she plans to be in 10 years Rachel responded "In 10 years I hope I'm either a very successful NYC woman or on vacation...either will do really."