How to Stay Focused in Warm Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

We get it, you are sitting in a classroom and would MUCH rather be laying on a beach. As the weather starts to get sunny, the Green begins to get busier, making it tempting to spend ALL of your free time outside with friends. It’s hard to remember to get assignments done and focus when all you can think about is enjoying yourself outside, but don’t worry! We’ve got you covered.

1. Time Management: Social Life vs. Straight A’s

Managing your time isn’t just something that you should do when you feel the need to; it should be part of your every week, but especially when you start to feel yourself losing focus or motivation! Putting aside a few hours throughout each day to complete all of your assignments and study will help you become more productive. Not only will it help you get your assignments done in a sufficient amount of time, but you’ll also be able to put aside time for your social life as well!

2. Motivation is Key

Once we have the idea of relaxing in the sun on our mind, we know that sitting inside and studying for exams is NOT something you want to have to be doing. Keep yourself motivated! Make a collage from magazine cutouts or newspapers referring to your goals and ultimate dreams! If you feel lazy and not up to going to class one day, look at that board! One class closer to achieving your goals!

3. Reward Yourself

We all have rough weeks; 3 exams, 2 papers due, what seems like thousands of hours of studying… Yeah, it’s not the best! Reward yourself for putting in the best work you can! If you have any free time during your weekend, take time for yourself! Plan a fun day with your friends whether that be in New York City, relaxing and laying out on campus, or attending a Seton Hall baseball game!

4. The Obvious Keys

“Eat your vegetables!! Go to bed early!!” …Just a few of the phrases we did NOT like to hear growing up, but these can actually keep you focused and more productive! Eating healthy keeps your body from feeling fatigued and helps you feel better about yourself in general! And don’t forget about getting the right amount of sleep… Not only will this prevent you from falling asleep in class, it will also make sure you actually wake up in time for those 8 am’s!

Stay sunny!! HCxo

Hello all, my name is Courtney Jenney and I am one of the writers for the Seton Hall Her Campus. I am a Journalism and Public Relations major studying as a full time student at Seton Hall University. I consider myself a lover of all things beautiful; fashion, well-being, beauty, health, art, travel, and music. I was born and raised on Cape Cod in Massachusetts; home to beautiful beach views and royal history. My home is an hour south of Boston; which is why I have a love for all of the New England/Boston sports teams. As passionate for writing as I am, I am striving to entertain others with my writing and provide lively topics for other students around campus! Cheers to the future! XO