Art Basel Miami or a College Student’s Wonderland?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

If you haven’t heard of Miami’s Art Basel yet, it is the largest and most popular sect of a tri-city international art fair. Art Basel attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors to the area every December to experience the 300+ unique exhibits, ranging from movies to interactive art pieces. Oddly enough, a large portion of the visitors and spectators are college students. Naturally, as a college student myself, I looked into the attraction, and here’s what I found:

Yes, this an exhibit where you can sit in an artsy doughnut, while also eating free doughnuts. It doesn’t get more college-geared than that.

We’re all frugal in college, and rarely do we see more than 3 dollar bills together at once, but luckily, Art Basel gives college kids the opportunity to lay down in a coffin made of cash. It’s an occurrence that 99% of us won’t see in our 4 years.

Oh, and there’s a napping exhibit. This way, you can still enjoy the country’s largest art exhibit even after you pulled an all-nighter the night before.

Art Basel Miami also hosts 70+ artsy and themed parties throughout the event’s duration. Of course as a college student, we would never pass up a party.

Art Basel brings in tens of a-list celebrities each year! From Beyoncé and Jay-Z to Drake to Joe Jonas, who would want to pass up a chance to see their favorite stars admiring the same art as you?

And of course, Art Basel is the perfect place to get your artistic Instagram post in! Can’t reject a photo op when there’s so many to choose from.

Safe to say that the college student attraction makes sense. Art Basel Miami is, nonetheless, a college student wonderland.