5 Reasons Why We Love Coming Back to Seton Hall After Summer Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

1. Friends 

Whether you were spending the summer in the French Riviera, taking summer classes or working like a dog like most of us, we’re all excited to see our friends when we come back to SHU. You can find just about everyone out on The Green, or spending way too much time socializing in The Caf until the GDS workers kick us out.

2.      Our other friend: alcohol

While some of us may have had a crazy, party-filled summer, the rest of us were not so lucky. With that being said, don’t judge us for dancing in a dirty, dark frat basement with my girlfriends screaming the lyrics to “Trap Queen.”

3.      Having a Dunkin Donuts literally next to your dorm

This one is pretty self-explanatory, but let’s get real everyone— college students run on Dunkin.

4.      Not having to deal with our parents

Don’t get us wrong, we love our parents, but their crazy rules, not so much. Girls just wanna have fun, okay?

5.  Not being a Freshman

While the fact that we have to be a real people with a real jobs, and an extremely tiny salary with apartment to match terrifies us, we’re happy to say that we’re no longer freshmen. We love them at SHU, but we also love making fun of them for stepping on the seal and wearing their lanyards around their necks. I think we’re really all just jealous that you all still have four AMAZING years ahead of you, so make the most of it!

***Disclaimer: Seton Hall University does not promote underage drinking of any nature***

A spunky and quirky Public Relations, Journalism, and Spanish Major at Seton Hall University and sister of Alpha Gamma Delta. A Syracuse native-turned-Jersey Girl. Slightly obsessed with John Mayer, my dog, and anything sparkly. Moving to the City and never looking back...