4 Fall Festivities to Enjoy This October

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Seton Hall chapter.

A little more than one month into school, and we’re all craving a break. Luckily, fall break lands on Monday, Oct. 10 and Tuesday, Oct. 11. The four day weekend leaves much to do if you’re staying close to campus and want to adventure into New York City. Here’s 5 local events we’re falling for this October.

Country music at the Barclays

Missing those warm summer nights dancing the night away at a country concert? Here’s your last chance to live out those memories again and see country superstar Blake Shelton at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 8 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.  Tickets are available for sale starting at the student-budget friendly cost of $35.

Mark your calendars for Columbus Day Parade

Celebrate Columbus Day on Oct. 10 with the Columbus Day Parade in New York City. The parade spreads out along Fifth Avenue with 35,000 marchers and 100 groups, according to its website. This event marks the world’s largest celebration of Italian-American culture.

Movie day & nights in New York City

The 54th New York Film Festival is taking place from Sept. 30 to Oct. 16. Showings range from day to nighttime during the weekends and at night on weekdays. Purchase tickets online to see the selection of films that are available for screenings. Good news for you, there’s even discounted student tickets.

Celebrate the arts with friends and family

View visual and performance art from Art in Odd Places (AiOP) on 14th Street in Manhattan, N.Y. from Avenue C to the Hudson River. Celebrate and view the works of art from a variety of artists from Oct. 6 to 9. Check out artinoddplaces.org for more information about this event.

Leah Carton

Seton Hall

Leah Carton is currently a junior at Seton Hall University majoring in Public Relations. She is the News Copy Editor and staff writer for The Setonian and manages the Seton Hall Her Campus Instagram and Twitter accounts.