Finding Excuses to Wear Heels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

I’m definitely a shoe kind of girl. I’ve got about twenty-five different pairs sitting in my closet, and they’re all staring at me as I write this article. Especially the heels, which take up the most space and are often the least worn.

I really like wearing heels, and I have no difficulty walking in them, but it seems that I have fewer and fewer chances to wear them. Saved for special events, professional and leadership seminars and interviews, and the occasional night out, my poor heels spend most of their time staring at me forlornly from the front row of
my shoe rack.

So I’ve thrown together a list of a few excuses to wear heels to something other than a special event or a party. Feel free to steal any of them:

1) To class– I canceled my ARC membership, and I heard heels tone your legs really well.
2) To the grocery store– Have you tried to reach those top shelves in flats?
3) To the Laundromat– The top dryers are the only ones available, and there’s no way I can reach those.
4) To the mall– What if I find a fantastic dress and I don’t know how it looks with my favorite heels?

5) Driving anywhere– I like a challenge, and driving on the 8 in six-inch stilettos is definitely a challenge.

6) To the doctor’s office– And what if I meet my future husband here?

7) To an amusement parkNo, I really can’t condone this one. Ladies, if you’re planning a trip to Disneyland anytime soon, please bust out the TOMS or a pair of sandals. Painful heels negate the whole happiest place on earth thing.

So there’s just a few excuses for those of you who feel like wearing those heels you just bought on a Tuesday afternoon, instead of waiting until Saturday night.

Jazmine is a freshman at San Diego State University in beautiful SO Cal. With plans to major in Communication and double minor in public relations as well as TFM (Television, Film, and New Media), she deeply enjoys reading, writing, and getting to know people around campus. As the founder and Campus Correspondent for Her Campus SDSU, her hopes are high and she is confident the branch will be a wonderful success. While in her first year of college, she is learning how to be more involved around campus while maintaining her studies. After spending a few childhood years living in Europe and traveling internationally, Jazmine has a passion for learning about different cultures from all over the world, especially the different foods! Future plans? She intends to have a career in media, preferably at a fashion magazine, such as Seventeen, or work with a popular television network such as OWN. In her free time she enjoys being with friends, reading, photography, Sunday church, learning how to play the ukulele, organizing things, and spending hours in the beauty department at almost any store.