This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SDSU chapter.

It’s time to treat yourself—to breakfast, of course! There are so many breakfast restaurants in San Diego that it’d be impossible to name them all, so I narrowed it down to a select handful of restaurants that I enjoy blowing my paycheck on!

Fabrison’s French Creperie Cafe

With two locations in Coronado and Little Italy, Fabrison’s offers a variety of crepes, including sweet, savory, breakfast, lunch, and more. I prefer the location in Coronado simply based on location—after you eat, you can walk across the street to the Hotel del Coronado and walk along the beach to enjoy the morning sun. 

Cafe 222

This place has hands down the best breakfast potatoes I’ve ever had. Located on a street corner in downtown, this place offers outside and inside seating, as well as quick service. A little fun fact about Cafe 222 is that it was featured on the Food Network’s “The Best Thing I Ever Ate,” by Bobby Flay, who recommends their Peanut Butter and Banana Stuffed French Toast. My only advice is to be smart about where you park, otherwise you’ll end up like me, spending $10 for one hour parking!

The Swell

Kind of hidden in the streets of Mission Beach, The Swell offers some shaded outdoor seating and various breakfast and lunch options. There’s so much to choose from with burritos, omelettes, oatmeal, and acai bowls on the menu.

Better Buzz

Everyone who’s anyone knows what Better Buzz is! Though they do heavily offer more drink options than food, it’s still a coffee lover’s dream. My favorite drink to get there is the vanilla latte, and I’ve honestly never had one better than Better Buzz. 

Snooze

Situated in Hillcrest, Snooze has a utopia of breakfast options, as well as outstanding service. When I went there, my friends and I all ordered savory breakfasts, and our waiter was kind enough to give us a plate of pancakes on the house because we had all ordered eggs. I do recommend arriving there pretty early, otherwise you could face a long wait. But, with so much to do in Hillcrest, it’s very easy to kill time!

Sophomore at San Diego State University, majoring in Journalism with an emphasis in Public Relations. Campus co-correspondent in San Diego State University's Her Campus chapter. Born and raised in the Inland Empire. In addition to my love for journalism, I also love baseball, reading, and hanging out with my friends.
I am currently a sophomore at San Diego State majoring in Journalism with an emphasis in Public Relations. I have four years of experience as a writer and editor for my high school newspaper and am now one of the CC's for Her Campus SDSU. Taco Tuesday is my favorite day of the week, and yes, I am related to Abraham Lincoln.