SCU’s Most Eligible Bachelors: Second Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

Ladies, ladies, ladies. Now that the millionth season, I mean, 19th season of the Bachelor has ended and showed the world that even Chris Soules can find love in a hopeless place (Iowa), we have compiled a list of some of Santa Clara’s very own eligible bachelors.  

Gogo Jones (Class of 2016)

Say hello to Gogo Jones from New Canaan, Connecticut. At 21 years old, Gogo is a man who knows what he wants: a basic girl with converse, boyfriend jeans, flash tats…all that jazz. He is also a sucker for girls who wear bifocals. For his fantasy date, he would take his prospect to a Sum 41 concert where they would clutch the ends of their flannels in closed fists, simmer in angst and vow to never go corporate.  

But that’s not all. Gogo is a family man. He has one brother and three sisters, who taught him many valuable lessons, such as what’s goin’ on with Lisa Vanderpump and quotes from The Devil Wears Prada. Gogo’s special talents include but are not limited to: keeping his Spotify library disorganized, leaving Dropbox open in public places, and sharing mints with classmates.

Oh, and if you’re into the man bun look, Gogo has one.

Dylan Lynch (Class of 2016)

Hailing from Rye, New York is Dylan Lynch. First of all, he is a member of the men’s vocal group “The Golden Coast Casanovas.” Let’s just say, if one were to Google the definition of Casanova, they might find “a smooth-talking charmer who has mastered the art of finding, meeting, attracting and seducing beautiful women.”  

Dylan’s fantasy date would be a laid-back trip to the beach for a little picnic–a man who likes his toes in the water and his a** in the sand! That’s what I’m talkin’ about. If he could travel anywhere in the world, it would be Hawaii. Tan lines fade, but the memories last forever, ladies.  

Andrew Conway (Class of 2015)

You may recognize Andrew from his ovary-shattering performance as a member of the EMT squad at Star Search, but there’s much more to this future physician’s assistant than his ruggedly-handsome good looks and killer dance moves. Andrew is currently a senior majoring in biology, and is secretly a talented black belt ready to defend your honor. He digs girls with good energy, but is ultimately hoping to find a lucky lady with “strong professional references, good interpersonal skills, and relevant experience in her field,” so sharpen up those resumes.

In his spare time, he notes a love of backpacking and all intramurals, assuring his boo thang will be kept on her toes. And if your heart is full to bursting after Andrew’s ideal date of a hike followed by a romantic, Italian dinner…don’t fear; Andrew has been on the EMT squad for years and is ready for some CPR (mouth-to-mouth included if you’re lucky). Come and get it while it’s hot ladies, because Doctor McDreamy will only be around for another quarter.

Edward Baugier (Class of 2016)

If you’re already feeling star-struck by Edward’s puppy dog eyes and perfectly coifed hair, just wait until he reads you his love poems in fluent French. Edward is a  marketing and French double-major with a number of talents. In addition to being on Santa Clara’s very own rugby team, Edward has been DJing since his sophomore year of high school. If you’re lucky, he may even mix you a track including his very own saxophone recordings.

When not engaging in his guilty pleasure of “launching lemons at Swig,” Edward enjoys “yo-yoing and bird watching, depending on location.” Though he describes himself as an artichoke, saying you have to do a little work to get to his heart, he would ultimately love to find a special girl to take on “a hot air balloon date overlooking the rolling hills of Bordeaux, France ⎼ accompanied by a bottle of wine.” All there’s really left to say is, fait-il chaud ici, ou c’est juste vous? Google it.

Matt Steurer (Class of 2017)

If you’ve ever wondered what Tangled star Flynn Rider’s legendary smolder would look like in real life, look no further than soccer star Matt Steurer. Originally from St. Louis, Missouri, this hunk-a-hunk-a-burning-love is majoring in economics and confident in his abilities to cook you the best hash browns of your life.

Matt’s devilishly handsome good looks are topped only by his heart of gold; when asked what the first thing he notices in a girl is, Matt gave the standing-ovation worthy response: “It depends on the girl; each one has something great you notice right away.” But wait! There’s more. Matt is a family man, saying in his spare time he likes visit his grandparents and watch Jeopardy episodes with them. *Swoon*. He says he loves surprises, so his ideal date would be a spontaneous adventure (possibly to our local movie theater drive-ins?)…but one thing is assured: no matter where the trip took you, you could count on this guy making you feel like the most special lady in the room.

Keely is a junior at Santa Clara University, studying communication and creative writing.  She has a sense of humor, not to mention a talent for puns.  Keely is originally from sunny Arizona, but she absolutely loves her new home away from home at SCU.  Some of her passions include food, spending time with friends and family (including her 5 beautiful dogs), being active, and just having a good time. 
Emily is a junior psychology major and public health minor at Santa Clara University in California. Her interests include binge-watching Grey's Anatomy, spontaneous adventures with friends, and travel. If ever you need to find her, your best bet is at the nearest Chipotle or sushi restaurant.