How To Transition Your Wardrobe From Winter to Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

I don’t know if I’m the only one, but the weather on campus lately has left me quite confused. The mornings are super chilly, and if I make it out of bed before 10am I want to bundle up in my warmest jacket. In the afternoon I can spot eager tanners flocking to the pool with their bikinis peeking out from under their beach towels, and it feels as if summer is in full swing. By the time evening comes around its time to pull a sweater out of my bag and bundle up again.

Transitioning from winter to spring outfits doesn’t have to be hard, though. Here are 5 items that can help you dress for this spring weather:

1. Denim Jacket

For the chillier mornings, a denim jacket is perfect to put on with white jeans and a tee. Try it over a sundress, or throw it over your shoulders with a pair of loose printed shorts.

2. Short Black Booties

Short black boots are an essential because they can be worn all year round and with practically any outfit. Black booties work with jeans in the evening, or with a dress and a loose cardigan during the day.

3. Button Down

At first you may think a button down is too fancy or only appropriate for your business internship, but think again. Loose button downs look super cute tucked into a pair of cutoff shorts for an easy and stylish look. Let a lace bralette peek out from underneath for a cute touch.

4. Felt Hat

A felt hat is a great accessory to make any outfit instantly cuter. Try it with messy hair and a denim jacket for a festival ready look, like this Brandy Melville model. Or, try one like this Asos option with a sweet spring dress and be ready for Sunday brunch in a minute.

5. Dresses

Spring weather means its time to dig your cutest dresses out from the back of your closet! Yay! It may seem too chilly to put a dress on in the morning, but there are plenty of ways to make your favorite dress ready to wear right now. Layering is key!

Now you’ll be prepared for anything the spring weather throws at you!

Sofia is from the San Francisco Bay Area and studies Political Science (plus a million other minors). Sofia writes about style, travel, food and coffee on her blog, www.sofialeyla.com . In her free time, catch her hammocking by Bellomy Field or finding her zen in yoga class.
Victoria is a senior at Santa Clara University and is a History and Spanish double major with double minors in Political Science and Anthropology. A native Los Angelino, she's a huge Kings & Dodgers fan & will defend her favorite teams fiercely. Lover of Netflix, popcorn, & mint moose tracks ice cream. You can basically count on finding her snacking, binge-watching Game of Thrones, or in the library (sometimes all three at the same time).