samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Best Ways to Procrastinate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCU chapter.

We’ve all been there. You are sitting in the library staring at a blank word document thinking, “No damn way can I do this right now.” So you go on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., and then repeat the boring cycle. If you are reading this, you probably need a study break (or a pre study break). Well, instead of procrastinating in a basic way, try one of these ten tips.

1. Go on a mindless run. Don’t plan where you are running; just go! (But don’t run alone if it’s night)
  2. Go to Benson and sit at a random table and pretend to know everyone at the table. Maybe you will make some new friends (or creep some people out… But hey, at least your not studying!).
  3. Plan elaborate pranks to pull on your floor mates. My personal favorite is switching the bedding of two people in different rooms.
  4. Offer to do other people’s work. After all, it isn’t your work and might be more interesting.
  5. Plan your outfits for the next week. Because hey, it has to happen eventually.
  6. Do yoga or try stretching. It can relax and center you. Plus, who doesn’t like being flexible.
  7. Call your parents. They probably miss you, and they might even send you a care package if you tell them how stressed you are!
  8. Skype your best friends from home and have a rap battle. You would be surprised how intense this can get.
  9. If you want to stay in the library, watch Princess Diaries 2 on Netflix and pretend to be Princess Mia.
  10. Add a funny yet fitting emoji next to everyone’s name in your contact list. You might even discover some numbers you don’t remember getting!

Now that you’ve had a study break you can get back to work (or don’t)! Best of luck, Broncos! 

Sources:

Picture 1: Psych2go.net http://www.psych2go.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/procrastination6.png

Picture 2: captain- nitrogen tumblr (http://captain-nitrogen.tumblr.com/post/16156167775/if-youre-familiar-wi…)

Alyssa started working as a Contributing Writer for Her Campus Santa Clara in the fall of 2014. She is currently a Freshman Communication major, and would love to enter the world of public relations or journalism in the future. Alyssa is an active in her sorority and loves to participate in all of the Greek philanthropy events. She can typically be found listen to music or clicking "Play next episode" on Netflix.