Meet Brendan Aker ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

If you ever make a trip up to the high hills of Taylor ave, keep a look out for this guy. Brendan Aker is smart, funny and handsome. He loves playing with his tiny dog Dallas and enjoys spending time with his team. Read on to learn more about this week’s campus cutie!

Name: Brendan AkerYear:  2016Major: Forensic AccountingMinor: Business Leadership and FinanceHometown: Branchburg, NJRelationship status: Single

HC: What is your favorite part about Scranton?BA: Definitely the people.  People here seem genuinely nice.  I’ve visited a bunch of other schools and I can guarantee you that nowhere else besides Scranton will people smile and willingly hold the door open for you.

HC: Best compliment ever received?BA: I get told all the time that I’m a Momma’s Boy. Most people think that being called a Momma’s Boy is an insult, but its 100% true for me. My mom’s the best!

HC: What is the best part about being the Crew team? BA: The guys on the team aren’t just my friends; they’re my family.  These are the people that I’m going to be friends with the rest of my life- the friends that are going to be at each other’s wedding.  My college experience wouldn’t be half as good if it weren’t for the team.

HC: What would an Ideal first date be like?BA: One where I don’t trip, spill on myself, or sweat through my shirt.  Still praying for that….

HC: What is one thing you go for in women?BA: If a girl can dance, she can do whatever she wants with me.

HC: What is your most embarrassing moment?BA: This one time I was running at the gym and this really cute girl got onto the treadmill next to me.  I’m pretty sure she was running faster than me so I turned the speed way up to impress her and, well, I kinda ended up tripping and flew off of the back.

HC: Fun Fact?BA: I’m colorblind so if you see me on campus and I don’t match, please don’t laugh

HC: Biggest fear?BA: Snakes and clowns.  Watching AHS this year is painful.

HC: Celebrity Crush?BA: Carrie Underwood, hands down.  She’s going to realize someday she married the wrong guy and come find me, but I’m still waiting on that.

Courtney Barron is from Rockland County, New York. She is a junior at The University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communications with a concentration in Public Relations. This girl is not only a super star in the classroom, but she is also one of the stellar athletes on the tennis team as well. She studied abroad in Ireland and currently works at "the Byron" center on campus. Courtney has an outstanding personality and the best pep talks on campus. She will bring extra enthusiam to the articles she writes for Her Campus!  
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_