This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

‘Tis the season! Now that Thanksgiving is over we can officially get in the Christmas spirit, especially this week! December 1-8 is a week filled with all Buddy the Elf approved activities. Prepare yourself because you’ll be singing Christmas carols before you know it.

Rockefeller Center’s Christmas tree is known across the world as a symbol of Christmas. On Wednesday December 3 Rockefeller Center will come to life with performances by popular artists and the famous Radio City Rockettes. This all leads up to the lighting of the tree to kick off the holiday season. Even from Scranton we can enjoy all Rockefeller Center has to offer with the live broadcast from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on NBC. The tree will be lit and be available to view from December 3 to January 7 at 8:00 p.m. So, as you head home for break, grab your friends or family and plan a trip to the city!

If you’re looking for the excitement of a tree lighting but a little closer to campus head downtown! The tree lighting will take place at 6:00 p.m. Friday December 5 in Courthouse Square. Be transported into a winter wonderland as you sip on some hot coco and watch the tree sparkle.

Scranton will have its first ever outdoor winter market! Both Friday December 5 and Saturday December 6 you can join the area’s musicians, artists and vendors. Participate in holiday themed activities and get some holiday shopping done all while supporting local businesses!

On Sunday December 7 the Annual Advent Liturgy will take place followed by the lighting of the Christmas tree. Gather around the tree with your lit candle as you watch the tree start to glisten. Don’t forget to snap the perfect picture of you and your girls to insta!

Of course we save the best for last! Christmas on the Commons is Sunday December 7 at 7:00 p.m. For those who don’t know this is the event of the holiday season. Christmas on the Commons brings the North Pole to Scranton’s campus. Where else can you create Christmas crafts, belt out Mariah Carey’s “All I want for Christmas is You” in karaoke and take Christmas pictures in a photo booth?! But that’s not all! There will be a gingerbread house-decorating contest, which trust me gets a little intense, think HGTV’s Love it or List It. Hot coco and cookies will be served throughout the night’s events. Do you want to build a snowman? With the “stuff a plush” station you can, along with several other Christmas themed creatures and animals. So, spend your last night before finals celebrating with your friends before you head home for the holidays.

Make sure you take a study break before finals, channel your inner “Buddy the Elf” and enjoy all of the Christmas events!

Elise is a Jersey girl who loves to travel the world, she enjoys keeping up with the latest fashion trends and believes an Instagram a day keeps the doctor away. She is a senior at the University of Scranton majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Writing. Elise is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend Samantha (every brunette needs a blonde right?) This past summer she interned in Public Relations at The Thomas Collective, a boutique lifestyle agency in New York City. When her toes are not in the sand, she’s hailing a cab or packing her bags ready to jet set anywhere and everywhere. Fun Fact: Elise is a member of Scranton’s Equestrian team. Follow her on Instagram @liseyleelee and on Twitter @eliseteresa!