7 Inexpensive Valentine’s Day Gifts: A Gift Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

For those who don’t have time for a DIY, or to cook/bake something homemade for their Valentines, this list of inexpensive Valentine’s Day gifts is for you. Most things on this list are under twenty-five dollars, and these gifts could easily be for a significant other, mom, dad, sister/brother, your Galentines, or anyone you want to make smile on Valentine’s Day! But most importantly, these gifts are inexpensive, simple and save both you and your valentine(s) money. So, without further ado, here is a Valentine’s Day gift guide for under twenty-five dollars!

1. Go to the movies

Movies are a great option. You get popcorn and candy, a slushy, a great flick, and boom – the night is set. Depending on how many people you are taking to the movie and whether or not you’re buying snacks, it shouldn’t be too expensive. If you keep it simple, a movie trip should be no more than twenty-five dollars, especially if you go to a matinée! When in doubt, if a good movie isn’t playing that weekend, have a movie day at home!

2. Get them a gift card to their favorite restaurant/coffee shop/clothing store

Because who doesn’t love getting gift cards?! They’re easy, quick, and inexpensive to buy. And, E-gift cards are reloadable, so they can keep reloading it with money once they’re done using it!

3. Candy/Snack Basket

Simple, and quick to put together. If your Valentine isn’t fond of candy, you can always just get a bunch of their favorite snacks.

4. A Birchbox subscription

Birchbox is a monthly subscription box filled with a bunch of beauty and wellness samples. They have boxes for both men and women; men’s boxes are twenty dollars, and women’s boxes are ten. Once you get them the box, you can easily cancel your subscription to stop making monthly payments to receive new ones – unless of course you want to keep it for yourself afterward!

5. A framed photo or collage

Framed photos or collages are thoughtful gifts that are simple, and they let that person know that you thought of them and the memories you’ve had together while picking out the picture(s)! If you go somewhere like Marshalls, Home Goods or T.J. Maxx, a nice picture frame should be no more than fifteen dollars. If you decide to go the collage route, materials can be found at any craft store for under ten bucks.

6. A DVD or CD

Getting your Valentine their favorite movie or CD is great because it’s something you guys can watch together, or play in the car during a car ride!

7. These really cute ice cream bowls from Target (or anything Valentine’s themed from Target, to be honest)

Okay, so the past few times I’ve gone into target, I’ve seen these and I just die over them. These little bowls are so cute, and yes, the box says “ice cream set for two,” but come on…these little bowls can be used for more than just that! I look at them and see guacamole bowls and a guac scoop. For just twenty bucks, you and your Valentine can eat ice cream (or whatever else you like eating) together from the sweetest little bowls. If you don’t want more bowls or ice cream scoops, Target has a cute pancake making set (which I die over as well) for just fifteen dollars.

Both are two great food-involved options. But really, any Valentine’s themed gift or trinket from Target is mostly under twenty-five dollars, and are just too cute.

And that is my complete Valentine’s Day gift guide, all for under twenty-five dollars. Here’s to a lovely Valentine’s Day filled with hugs, laughs, and love!

I love puppies, Disney World, and pasta.
Elizabeth Transue is a Communication Broadcasting major with a minor in Political Science at The University of Scranton. Her life changed when she studied abroad in London and fell in love with traveling. She is obsessed with her adorable pug, Chikfila, and her eleven best friends who just so happen to be her housemates. She can't hold a tune or keep a rhythm but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it! Am I right?