This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Scranton chapter.

1. The freezing rain and unbearable cold weatherWhat’s the first thing that comes to mind when people talk about The University of Scranton? It’s easy. Four days of the week consist of rain, sleet or snow. Whether you’re a freshman or senior, every girl on campus has their Hunter rain boots and North Face jackets on.

2. The “Hill Section” Scranton’s notorious hill section consists of six streets; Monroe, Quincy, Clay, North Webster, Taylor and Vine Street. It’s a guarantee you’ll hear ruckus and Rather Be blaring from the speakers Thursday night to Sunday morning. 

3. Parade DayWith alarm clocks going off at 6 AM, Parade day at The U is easily the best day of the year. From dropping a shot of Baileys into a cup full of Guinness to bottles of Jameson, you have successfully started your morning. Houses and streets are flooded with thousands of students and kegs on kegs on kegs. 

4. Everyone knows everyone Whether it’s a DeNaples worker or your awkward freshman year roommate, every Scranton student is bound to run into somebody they know. Familiar faces carry through the commons as you walk to and from class and chances are you’ll run into your Saturday night hook up.

5. God’s Pocket  Whether it’s a location on Instagram or a hashtag on Twitter, “God’s Pocket” is known all over campus. Coming from President Obama’s speech last year, God’s Pocket now defines the city of Scranton. 

Shannon Grimaldi is a born and raised Jersey girl who is fashion obsessed and loves to write. Shannon is an undergraduate student receiving a Bachelor of Arts degree in May 2015. She has a concentration in public relations and a minor in business management. Shannon is an active member of HC Scranton, PRSSA and Platinum PR. When she's not checking out the latest fashion blogs, Shannon enjoys being surrounded by her friends and family. 
Samantha is an East Coast girl from Pennsylvania with a New York City attitude and a Florida mindset. Her shopping habits are contagious; she has inherited them from her mom (they say mother knows best, right?). Samantha is a University of Scranton senior majoring in Strategic Communication with a minor in Business. She is the Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Scranton, which she co-founded in September 2014 with her best friend, Elise. She is also the captain for Scranton Love Your Melon and secretary of the University of Scranton's Business Club. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter, @samanthaamilazzo @samanthaliza_