This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SCAD chapter.

Lady Bird Film Review

In this film Lady Bird, Greta Gerwig, makes her debut as both screenplay writer and director. Lady Bird tells the story of a young high school senior Christine ‘Laby Bird’ McPherson. Daughter to parents who struggle to keep up with the bills, she exudes a strong personality and will with pink hair and a catholic girl school uniform. With her complicated relationship with her mother we see these two women, so alike yet so different, constantly battling each other. With Lady Bird, refusing to be called by her real name, Christine, this young girl is trying to make her way into an east coast college while dealing with love and friendship troubles and triumphs.

Lady Bird is an incredible movie that will make you sob uncontrollably as well as laugh immensely hard. With this movie you will be able to share many of the same experiences that are happening on the screen in front of you. I know I did. From troubling relationships with your mother and or friends, love as well as heartache, and trying to find your place in the world and where you belong, you will find yourself looking at the screen as if you are watching parts of your own life play out before you. This will make you very curious for what director Greta Gerwig will show us in the future.  

Amy Kulp is a Senior at Savannah College of Art and Design, majoring in Fashion Marketing and Management. When she's not writing for Her Campus, she is either working on her own styling business, shopping, or performing in theatre productions. When she graduates, she plans on moving to New York City and working either as a personal stylist or as a creative director with one of the many fashion houses New York has to offer.