Top Ten Mottos to Live by as a Confident Woman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

I have a challenge for you! The following list of quotes is all about learning to love yourself and being proud of who you are. I challenge you to take each one and make it your motto of the day for the next ten days. Write them down, say them to yourself in the mirror, share them with others; live by and through these quotes for one whole day each and notice how it affects you.

My suggestion is to write them down on sticky notes and stick them to the mirror you use to get ready in every morning. This is one way to really help boost your self-confidence and present yourself to the rest of the world like a queen on her throne. Until you decide to take on this challenge, chin up princess… or the crown slips!

1. “Confidence isn’t walking into a room with your nose in the air and thinking you are better than everyone else, it’s walking into a room and not having to compare yourself to anyone in the first place.”

2. “Arrogance requires advertising. Confidence speaks for itself.”

3. “A strong woman looks a challenge dead in the eye and gives it a wink.”

4. “I don’t like to gamble, but if there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.”

5. “In a society that profits from your self-doubt, liking yourself is a rebellious act.”

6. “Fall in love with yourself more and more with each passing day. Have so much respect for yourself that you automatically reject anyone that doesn’t.”

7. “Conquer yourself, and you can conquer anything.”

8. “The woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet.”

9. “Chin up princess or the crown slips.”

10. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping-stone to greatness.” — Oprah

As an honors student of St. Bonaventure University, it is my objective to pursue a career that will complement my passion for working with people, my dedication to exceeding goals, and my motivation to innovate. The industries that I hope to make a difference in are fashion, media, and business.
Pittsburgh native, coffee lover, reading enthusiust