All About Accounting Madeline McDonald

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SBU chapter.

Hometown: Clifton Park, NY. 

Major: Accounting 

Year: Junior 

Her Campus: “Describe your experience at Bona’s in a few words!” 

Madeline McDonald: “Unique, fun, eye-opening and memorable.” 

HC: “What has been of your favorite memories so far?” 

MM: “My first Spring Weekend because I have never been to anything like it, and I didn’t know what to expect. Everybody was able to let loose after finals.” 

HC: “What were your Spring Weekend kickball team names?” 

MM: “Freshman year it was ‘Brew’s your Daddy’ and sophomore year ‘Views From The 716.” 

HC: “Thoughtful names. Are you in any clubs?” 

MM: “I am in the Bonaventure Accounting Association.” 

HC: “What do you do in BAA?” 

MM: “I am the secretary this year and we plan a trip each year to see accounting firms; it’s a different place every year. We just came back from Boston where we visited three firms. And at meetings we have some accounting lessons.” 

HC: “That sounds like a great networking experience. Were you interested in any of the firms you visited in Boston?” 

MM: “PWC (Press Waterhouse Cooper) was the first Big Four firm that I’ve ever been to. It was a thirty story building that was all for PWC and had views overlooking the Boston Harbor. I could definitely see myself working there one day.”

HC: “You are living off campus this year as a junior. How has your experience been so far?” 

MM: “Very different than living on campus. It’s more like living in the real world. But, it’s been a great experience and we have much more freedom.” 

HC: “Have you missed the dining hall?” 

MM: “Not at all. I never really went to the Hickey when I was living on campus. But I do miss Café La Verna and the Reilly Center Café.” 

HC: “What is something that most people don’t know about you?” 

MM: “I’ve been to Vegas twice this year and I met Bobby Flay once.”

St. Bonaventure University Journalism & Mass Communication and Strategic Communications & Digital Media double major. I'm from Binghamton, New York and SBU's Her Campus senior editor. My life is like my hair– messy and uncontrollable.
I'm a Junior Strategic Communications major at Saint Bonaventure University, also known as the greatest place on earth. Hobbies include eating ridiculous amounts of food, watching Scandal and swimming. I'm probably wearing converse.