Why YOU Should Write for Her Campus SAU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

This week starts my first full week of senior year. Yikes, right? Well, as I start to look over my years at Ambrose and everything that I’ve been involved in, I can’t help but realize how much of an impact writing for Her Campus has had on me.

I love writing, and I have been given the opportunity to use my writing skills every week as a writer. I’ve learned how to write creative biographies, a blog, and have honed my newswriting skills. These assignments have also forced me to meet new people as I have had to contact Campus Cuties and Celebrities to conduct interviews.

Since Her Campus is a nationwide magazine, I have opened a number of doors across the country. I receive numerous emails from the heads of Her Campus informing all Campus Correspondents about various internship opportunities and job positions that are available through the magazine in Boston and New York.

I couldn’t be happier with my decision to say yes to writing for Her Campus in the middle of my sophomore year. The editor at the time who asked me is now in New York working for Nickelodeon, so I can’t help but wonder what opportunities are out there if I am willing to spread my own wings. The perks of being the Campus Correspondent don’t hurt either as I received a free “I love HC” t-shirt and a box of free Popchips and Luna bars from Her Campus headquarters over the summer.

But for now, I will concentrate on making the most of senior year, but all the while being thankful for getting to be a part of this great organization. I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for me!

Thanks HC! XOXO