Unusual Characteristics

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Look at me:

• Black and Gray hair
  • Thick-Rimmed Glasses
  • 9 feet tall
  • Obviously visible tattoos
  • In black and gray EVERY DAY
  • Journalism Major
  • Bartender
  • Funniest person I know*

and I have the most insanely random group of friends. (S/O you know who you are)

One thing people have always been shocked to hear about me is the fact that I’m a cheerleader. Crazy right?! I’m not going to go on some annoying typical high school cheerleader speech about why it’s a sport, or tell you how cheer has changed my life. Let’s be honest you don’t care that much and it really doesn’t matter. But I am going to talk about SAU cheer, because it’s actually pretty cool.

As you should know our Small Coed team placed second at the NCA National competition last spring. This was easily the coolest moment of my entire life. There are constantly teams practicing on the beach or grassy areas in front of their hotels, which means there are constantly girls flipping through the air. NCA Nationals, or any Nationals for that fact, are like real life Bring It On without the drama (because no one cares about other teams, just their own.) The only real way to truly describe it is like when you open a new pint of Ben and Jerrys and eat the whole thing. You know the happiness I’m referring to, don’t lie. It’s basically like that exact feeling for a whole week, but you leave feeling better about your body instead of worse.

This weekend my team learns our choreography. This will easily be another super exciting weekend, but it will be obnoxiously stressful too. (If you’re my friend I’m sorry for my attitude already.) We already have a lot of difficult skills under our belts and only have room for growth and improvement. I’m really excited for this team to show you guys our skills come this spring!

Wish us luck! :*

p.s. If you want to find more information on SAU cheer visit our athletic page or facebook below!

http://www.saubees.com/sport/0/23.php https://www.facebook.com/StAmbroseUniversityCheerleading

Her Campus at SAU