The Top Benefits of Zumba

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

The Top Benefits of Zumba

The Her Campus SAU team is hosting our first event on campus: Christmas themed Zumba! The event takes place Thursday, December 6th at 5 p.m. on the 3rd floor of the Rogalski Center ballroom.

Take time from stressful homework to enjoy some Zumba with us! Read about the benefits of Zumba:

• Huge Calorie Burner

The aim of Zumba is to burn a large amount of calories with fast moving aerobic exercise.  Most people burn 400 to 600 calories in an hour session of Zumba, which is   awesome for weight loss!

• Tones Whole Body

Zumba not only helps you burn a ton of calories, but also helps tone and strengthen muscles.

• Reduces Stress

Especially with finals week dangerously close, exercise is needed to relieve some of that built-up stress. Eating right and exercising keeps you more relaxed and happy.

• Social

Zumba classes are a great way to exercise with friends or even to meet some new ones. The fun atmosphere creates a great place for friends.

• Fun

All around, Zumba is an exercise that combines good music, dance, enthusiastic people, and a great work out.  You will be having so much fun, it won’t even feel like working out!