This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Alright ladies, its time to talk about something that makes us all feel a little uncomfortable. It’s been known to bring on serious headaches and stress-hunger to talk about this topic. If you can’t deal with high volumes of hypocrisy and false promises, please stop reading.

Thats right ladies, the ever uncomfortable P word.

Politics is always a touchy subject, frankly because there are those who know WAY TOO MUCH and those who know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Its hard to have a productive conversation on the topic when people don’t take the time to learn what they’re talking about.

So you think you’re a Democrat huh?

Please tell me how you 110% support Obamacare and Planned Parenthood….

Oh wait, you’re a Republican?

Let’s hear about how you think Trump is a breath of fresh air and how everyone has the right to bear arms….

Politics is not black and white. Politics is the like the color swatch section of Home Depot, except every single color is some shade of gray. Chances are you really don’t identify with either party. Realistically, you’re probably a conservative or a liberal who just so happens to cross the divider on more than one serious topic.

“Wait Lauren! How do I know who I should vote for then?”

I’m not here to tell you who the best candidates are. Maybe amongst your pinterst boards, buzzfeed articles and pretending that you actually care about baseball…. you could procrastinate even more and read up on our potential POTUS candidates. They all have websites and they all want your vote.

“But Lauren, I don’t know who any of the candidates are…”

*Is this hypothetical girl living under a rock?!?*

Don’t worry, I gotchu!!!

Republican Party:

Donald Trump

Ben Carson

Marco Rubio

Ted Cruz

Jeb Bush

Carly Fiorina

Mike Huckabee

Rand Paul

John Kasich

Chris Christie

Rick Santorum

Bobby Jindal

George Pataki

Lindsey Graham

Jim Gilmore

Democratic Party:

Hillary Clinton

Bernie Sanders

Jim Webb

Martin O’Malley

Lincoln Chafee

Green Party:

Jill Stein

Look them up. Read about them. Reflect on your own personal morals. Don’t let anyone tell you that your opinion is wrong. It’s your opinion and it’s your vote. Do your best to vote for the candidate that YOU think is most qualified. After all, the masses of women who fought for our right to vote would be P!$$3D if we didn’t exercise it.

Take my advice and….

Her Campus at SAU