Plaid and Blanket and More, Oh My!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SAU chapter.

Last week we brought you a variety of ways to wear scarves to keep warm and look stylish. Since the cold weather just keeps coming, so do we with more scarf ideas for any collegiate to try out. A recent trend one may notice around campus is that of the plaid and blanket scarves.

The red plaid scarf is a great way to add a pop of color to any dark colored outfit that is worn in the winter.

The beige plaid scarf works well to dress up an outfit, giving a professional look to the combination.

The gray works to neutralize any outfit and keep you warm if you’re wearing a bold color.

You can’t go wrong with the multi-colored wool scarf because it will always keep you warm.

The blanket scarf may look intimidating by it’s size, but is a stylish way to dress up and stay warm. For this one, you simply tie two of the ends together and let a third one fall to the front making it the longest part of the scarf; the rest will fall into place around your neck. This scarf even works to keep you warm on a casual night out.

So no matter what the occasion, we have your neck covered for the cold Mid-West winter that never seems to go away.